cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 211 of 233

Re: BT cloud closing.

I just complained and accepted a reduced monthly subscription for loss of BT Cloud.  I was handed-off twice before I reached someone that was empowered to adjust my bill.

0 Ratings
Message 212 of 233

Lucky you…

What was the reduction ?

0 Ratings
Message 213 of 233

BT Cloud was a bundled part of the package.  Simple.

Consequently, when I complained I was offered a reduced subscription.  It was an open door.  Just had to push.

0 Ratings
Message 214 of 233

Well, I complained and got a reduction in my subscription.

It would have been unreasonable for BT not to have offered me this reduction as compensation.

I don't know why people are prepared to accept poor customer service.

0 Ratings
Message 215 of 233

Not lucky - you just have to ask. Reduction was enough to purchase a comparable service elsewhere. So a reasonable outcome.
0 Ratings
Message 216 of 233

Re: BT Cloud is no longer available

Most customers these days use the native cloud storage supplied by the manufacturer's - i.e. Apple users typically use iCloud, Android users will typically use Google play etc...

OneDrive is an integral part of the MS Office suite.

I'd suggest this makes it very difficult for an external party to break into these markets and make money. 

When you set up your new device - you are prompted to create an iCloud account and also a storage plan - this is a major advantage these device manufacturers have. It's easy to do it when you are setting up your phone, so that reduces significantly the addressable market for post set-up subscriptions. 

If it was easy you would have seen all the other UK mobile operators offering a cloud storage back-up solution - which they simply do not. 

0 Ratings
Message 217 of 233

Thanks to others who suggest I negotiate a reward for loss of BT Cloud.  Might try that?  I'm hacked off about its loss, however, as I had set BT Cloud up as my default file storage; I doubt there's enough room on my antique laptop and I loved the reassurance of secure back-up from a company I (used to) trust.  I'm not tekky so can't be bothered investigating all the alternatives so I guess I'll just use a memory stick (although the one I have seems to be falling apart so who knows how long for?).  In fact having passed the magic cut off date of 9th Sept (I assume?) I'll have to remember to save everything to the stick?  Maybe BT should just pull the plug now, as confusingly, BT Cloud still tops the bill in the list of where to save stuff to in Windows Explorer; will it just disappear at end October?  And why am I even wasting time typing this here?  No one from BT (or is is EE; who used to be called Everything Everywhere; or as we called 'em. Nuffink Nowhere due to their awful mobile coverage her in SE London) will ever read "Community" let alone respond?  And as for the promise that BT will be "Reaching Out to us punters with help and advice..." pull the other one.  One email..? Makes me want to reach..? 

0 Ratings
Message 218 of 233

Hi @AlexMac 

We're sorry for any issues you're having with downloading your files. Hopefully you're able to download them using the desktop client linked in the article below. This will also give alternate methods of downloading if you're unable to use the client. The 9th was the date of it going read only, but you can still access your files. 

Let us know if you're having trouble downloading and we'll do our best to help.

Click here for help with downloading your files

0 Ratings
Message 219 of 233

Re: BT Cloud is closing

Firstly tried to download cloud contents (50GB of approx 200GB) to macbook as the only space available. Approx 4Gb downloaded and then stopped, not sure why it stopped or what files have or haven't downloaded, but has taken up more space on macbook.  I eventually gave up on this as I don't understand it and don't want to keep loosing space on my drive without knowing if I'm downloading everything or duplicating the same on my drive. I noticed last night that my cloud storage was showing 191GB of 1000GB used.

Today I tried to use synch to macbook which worked for the one 4GB folder that was selected on the "make only the following folders available on the computer". Having carried this out successfully, I thought I would carry on doing this for the rest of my folders. The folder that was successful was not selected by me but already in the tick box and not able to change for another. 

I thought if I change the synch location to an external drive on my computer this should work. I tried to change the location, but it's not available on the BT cloud control panel anymore. Following a search on this forum for information I was directed to page 36 of how to use the cloud, the panel it shows there was the panel I used to have but that has changed to a new one with no facilities to do anything. As one person suggested, I uninstalled BT cloud, then reinstalled it, during this I was able to select the external hard drive as the location to synch with. I now selected "make all bt cloud content available on this computer" and selected save, it commenced downloading to the external drive. After a while, I noticed that it had stopped synching. The same folder as above had downloaded, nothing else. The notification stated that "you have run out of cloud space and we cannot continue", WHY. I checked and whereas yesterday it was showing approx 800GB free space, now there is none, just the 200GB of data that is already there. Still can't understand why it won't synch.  I checked the synching filter uploads and it was showing loads of files uploading to the cloud at the same time as the downloading, I thought uploading to the cloud had stopped on 09/09/24?

I'm now stuck, I have a 1TB external drive that I can't seem to download the data to, I now also have another cloud system with plenty of space, Google Drive, but have't got a clue if it can be transferred directly across to it and how. First to admit that I'm no good on computers. BT should have put something in place to make it easy to transfer our data easily prior to stopping cloud.

Any help please, make it simple so I can understand, Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 220 of 233

Re: BT Cloud is closing

Good morning @Nick1878.

Thanks for stopping by the BT Community 😊

When you were initially trying to download these files, were you able to locate a dedicated BT Cloud folder as indicated in this article that @JordanTA  shared above to see what had downloaded?

Since the storage started showing as full too, can you see what additional files have appeared in the cloud?

From what this article suggests, downloading direct to an external drive is only available on Windows rather than Mac.

Peter

0 Ratings