cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud

Got an email from BT informing me that I "

got x00GB of free storage waiting in the Cloud

"(I changed the first digit to x), then I clicked the link "log in from your browser", got the following:

kenRT_0-1659252663160.png

I only have one BT ID. So don't know what it's talking about. It just seems to me BT is hiring some dodgy developers doing the website given that I have come across one after one problems on the website (the broadband connection feels decent though).

There's no contact details on the help/contact page but a bench of irrelevant questions/answers.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud

Are you really sure the email was from BT, as there are loads of fake emails circulating?

If not, you may have provided a scammer with your BT ID and login details.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@Keith_Beddoe Thanks for the concern but no I'm a veteran netizen and I signed up BT cloud from within my BT ID account then immediately received the email from an absolutely  authentic BT email address. 

Indeed nowadays there's been lots of sc@m emails many of them pretended to be from DHL about delivery and I reported quite a few of them to the government's scam report website but then these poor desperate scammers just registered (in the US) another domain which I guess the UK government can't do anything about it as they're in the states.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Have you claimed account holder status ? the value added services (VAS) like email, cloud etc are only available to the primary account holder.

To check, the help pages have :

To check which role is attached to your BT ID, please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to My BT >
  2. Click on Settings and Your account
  3. Scroll down and you’ll see if you’re an Account holder or Account manager

If your BT ID is linked to more than one account number, it's possible to have a different account status for each account.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to My BT >
  2. Click on Settings and Your account
  3. Scroll down and you'll see if you're an Account holder or Account manager
  4. Click on the I should be the Account holder link and follow the steps

If you're stuck, please get in touch. One of our advisors will be more than happy to help.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@-Richie- Thank you for your time. Well I'm the only person using this BT broadband and I did remember seeing the msg "Currently this account has no users or managers" when first set up my account not long ago, meaning I must be the account holder unless BT somehow made me a no-body due to what I suspect a BT website design logic problem.

BTW, there's no "Settings" to be seen/found after logging in to My BT. I am not using the App as I'm not going to get access to my BT account on a daily  basis.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@kenRT 

Just click on Account Settings for your role.

0 Ratings