cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Parental Controls - Not Working

Good Morning,

After making some changes at the weekend, i have discovered that the BT Parental Controls are not working at all currently.  

They certainly worked at some stage in the past, but i have only discovered at the weekend they are not working now.  In the last few days i have tried to reset the router, disable and re-enable Parental controls, but these have not solved the issue at all.

My three children are all fairly active on the internet, and i thought they were fairly well protected but this is obviously not the case.

Would appreciate if someone could help resolve this issue.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Parental Controls - Not Working

Hi @DPW1982 thanks for posting, are the controls not working on all devices? Do you use a VPN?

If this only affects Apple devices the private WiFi and private relay may be causing problems as this feature hides your internet activity and tracking from parental controls. See the steps below for the steps to turn this off.

From the Lock Screen, swipe up to access the Home Screen
Tap Settings
Tap Wi-Fi
Tap the information button next your network 
Move the switch to the off position, for Private Wi-Fi Address (iOS 14) or Private Relay (iOS 15)

Please let me know if you need further help.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply Neil,

Controls do not seem to be working on any device, we do not use a VPN,

I have an Android phone and have also tried from a Laptop,

Does not seem to be working at all

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@DPW1982 thanks for clarifying, we'll have to get that looked into. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks Neil, Appreicated

0 Ratings