cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT app won't remember biometric log in or pin code

On my new Samsung Galaxy S23 the My BT app keeps asking me to sign in with email and password and then asks me to confirm a pin number.

I do this and set up the biometric log in option in the app. It then hardly ever remembers this option or the pin number and keeps taking me back to the email and password log in when I start the app.

I had the same problem on previous phones, lucky I have autofill on Samsung Pass enabled so it doesn't take so long but why does this bug never seem to get fixed by the BT app developers?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT app won't remember biometric log in or pin code

@markt99  May I suggest the problem lies in how you start the App on your 'phone. I have an iPhone and set to remain logged on to MyBT continuously. If you set it up correctly, you will always be requested to enter just your PIN.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

What do you mean 'how I start the app'?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Maybe an Android phone problem.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Apple IPhone uses a different operating system to Android, it is silly that BT haven't optimised the app properly for the Android OS but obviously have for the IPhone. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@markt99 I get the same problem as you, it has done it before but I thought it had been fixed. But its back again on my Google tablet. Typical BT they can't be bothered with it now everything seems to be heading to EE..

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

The latest update has completely killed the app on iOS. Immediately crashes and the app is closed down.

Deleted and reinstalled - still doesn't work. Just hangs with white screen.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Colin_London Before deleting the app, can you clear the App cookies and Cache from the settings, then reinstall the app and test? 
This ensure any lingering bugs are cleared when you delete the app so you start completely fresh. 

Ali 

0 Ratings