cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BTWifi connection

I have a BT hub at home which works fine but when I am away using BT Wifi hotspots with my MacBook I connect up, successfully, but the connection doesn’t hold, settings aren’t stored, and I have to keep signing on again and again. This doesn’t happen with my iPad which automatically connects and stays connected. How can I stop my Mac connection being constantly disrupted in this way?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BTWifi connection

If you are using a web browser to enter your details try leaving the log on page open after you have connected and when you are using the Internet. Use another tab/page on your browser for anything else.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

That’s an intriguing suggestion which I shall certainly try. Thank you.

NM

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Have you set your browser to clear cookies and/or or browsing history on closure? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

I haven’t done that because I am not sure I know how to. There is no obvious option in Safari for doing what you say. Or perhaps there is and I don’t know where to look.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Hi @NGMurray and welcome.

This might help.

1. Click on Safari (at top left corner of browser) in the menu bar. Click on Preferences.
  2. Select the Privacy tab.
  3. Click on Manage Website Data.
  4. Select Remove All and click on Remove now in the popup.
  5. Check in Advanced tab, if Show Develop menu in menu bar is selected. If not, Check the box.
  6. Select Develop in the menu bar on the top of the screen and click Empty Caches to clear Cache.

Let me know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

I haven’t done that because I am not sure I know how to. There is no obvious option in Safari for doing what you say. Or perhaps there is and I don’t know where to look.  Anyway, nothing has worked so far.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Thank you very much for this. I have followed all your steps but it seems to make no difference. It seems I will have to confine my BTwifi hotspot connection to the iPad and not try to use the Mac in that way. It’s only an issue when I am travelling so I can manage.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

See this link about how to log onto BTWifi

https://www.btwifi.co.uk/help/

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Thank you to everyone who tried to help with this. Clearly there is no solution so I’ll muddle along.

0 Ratings