cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Can not opt-out of BT-Wifi

28 days is a long time for a button click, but I guess it is what it is.  I'll be reporting back in a month!

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

It's not just a button click. As well as turning off the BT WiFi signal on your hub, your details need to be networked to prevent you accessing BT WiFi whilst out and about.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

@licquorice that’s fine the “upto 28days” scenario  but every time I opted out after factory reset it took less than 48 hours. 

I don’t accept the 28 days excuse, in my opinion it’s never worked as it should.

Message 14 of 19

Agreed it shouldn't take 28 days, but it won't be instant.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

More than 48 hours later and still showing as Activated.  I'll wait the 28 days, but it feels pointless

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Crimliar_0-1683903709283.giflicquorice
It's not just a button click. As well as turning off the BT WiFi signal on your hub, your details need to be networked to prevent you accessing BT WiFi whilst out and about.

I would have thought it would be a call back to a centralised server, surely it can't be stored on every hub, that'd be madness!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Yes, it would have to be, but BT operate at glacial speed.

They probably send a runner with a note in a cleft stick to the server centre. 😀

Message 18 of 19

Well, 28 days have passed and still nothing.  Spoke on chat to an agent, but they only copied and pasted the advice from the website, sigh.  Told them that that doesn't work so he then concluded I should call the BT WiFi hotspot team.

Pillar meet post!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Hi @quinten I'm sorry the opt-out hasn't worked for you, I'll send you a private message so you can contact the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings