cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Can't reset old (BT Smart Hub) Parental Controls

I would appreciate if someone can help. I can't reset Wifi Controls (Parental controls) settings and remove websites from blocked list that I once had set using EE App for BT Smart Hub few months back. My BT broadband was transferred to EE in November 2023. I kept using BT Smart Hub as advised from EE. Parental controls used to work fine using EE app till May this year. It's worth mentioning that EE broadband only allows parental controls setup using EE app unlike BT where same was possible using online using MuBt.com. Then an EE app update (iphone) in May 2024 broke the Wifi controls part whereby the app stopped showing the Parental control settings and ever since I lost control over the parental controls settings. At that point I had setup parental controls including a few websites in the blocked list. After raising repeated complaints I have been provided with new EE Smart Hub Plus recently. Apparently EE App Wifi controls section is no longer compatible with BT Hub. Anyway, the EE app now shows parental controls (options are quite different though) and I can change settings there. However, the old parental control settings that I had set while using BT Hub, are still effective on the network (i.e. blocked list are effective) and I don't have access to that BT parental controls settings. Therefore, the websites I had blocked are no longer accessible to me, which I want to reset but can't. I have exhausted myself in explaining the issue to EE Tech team every time I call. The advisors on the phone don't seem to have technical understanding of how the settings / content filtering work internally on the BT side. I am repeatedly asking to reset entire wifi control settings on my account. But I am not getting anywhere. Every time I call I spend an hour at least explaining the problem, then I hear my issue have been logged with offline/bridge team etc. Then nothing happens, don't get any update, then go back to same cycle of calling Tech support. All I need is someone at the BT side to reset contents filtering that I had once set. Can anyone please provide some advice how do I resolve this problem? Thank you.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't reset old (BT Smart Hub) Parental Controls

@mrinal 

As you are now an EE customer, you need to ask on the EE forum https://community.ee.co.uk/

EE are a separate company within the BT Group.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can't reset old (BT Smart Hub) Parental Controls

Hi @mrinal We don't have access to any customer accounts to change your parental settings here in the Community, so I'd recommend giving our broadband team a call on 0330 123 1105.

I know you've not had a great experience in the past when you've called, I'm very sorry about that, was it the EE broadband team that you called the last time you spoke to us?

We have a dedicated web page where you can see lots more information about broadband parental controls, just click this link here: Using Parental Controls on EE | Broadband Help | EE

Chris S

0 Ratings