cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Parent Controls not working

Go to solution

I have full access to my parent controls, as I am the account holder. I can turn them fully off, or add websites and I can adjust the custom settings to tick or untick all the different content. Everything used to work fine, when I knew my children did not have their devices late at night (phone on charge in the room I was in), I would turn off the controls to have fun adult access.

Now though, despite turning it off, leaving it many hours, adjusting different content settings, adding approved websites, it all doesn’t work! The controls act as if they are permanently on and no approved site works either, all this despite turning it off and adding sites to try. It all used to work within a couple of minutes of me changing the setting. I wondered whether the time delay had increased, but it doesn’t work even after 12 hours. This is the case for the last couple of weeks I think, or close to that.

As a side issue, in the months before this happened, I’d also find the availability of turning off parent controls interment late at night. I’d often find the service down. It’s late at night that I want to turn it off, late at night is probably when the service needs to be available, when children are asleep.

I’ve read all the other topics on this problem. I’ve seen the solution it to complete a full reset of the router. This seems only possible via BT engineer, remotely I guess.

Please can I be helped with this situation.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Parent Controls not working

Go to solution

Hi @MrRat

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with Parental controls.  We can pick up from here and help you out.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings