cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Free 12 month Game Pass issue

Go to solution

Hi folks, 

Like many I seem to be hit with this issue. A equal helping of ignorance one hand and not-entirely-clear information on the other!! 

Last year I had preloaded and stacked my Game Pass Ultimate for 3 years, with renewal date of 28/12/2025. Earlier this year, I acquired a new BT Infinity contract, which joyously came with 12 months free Game Pass Ultimate. Knowing you could previously only preload Game Pass for 3 years in advance, I had waited until recently to use the offer. With a renewal date now of less than 2 years, now was the perfect time to (what I thought was) bolt on the free 12 months offered here. 

I'm sure you know what is coming given the history of posts here, but upon adding my free code to the Microsoft dashboard, it has now seemingly 'replaced' my previous subscription plan, with one controlled by BT. My *new* renewal date/end subscription date is now 04/01/2025. It appears, I have essentially lost near enough 12 months of Game Pass Ultimate that had been previously prepaid. 

More confusing is the Game Pass App on my phone, which if I access still reads a renewal date of 28/12/2025. So I have absolutely no idea what is going on. Are two subscriptions running on my account in tandem? Both counting down with the benefit of one? I have absolutely no idea, and reading others plights here, no closer to understanding how this works. 

I'd rather abandon the free 12 months from BT and reinstate my previous sub that expired nearly a full year later. 

Has anyone had anything similar, and did you equally feel the frustrations I'm currently experience? (Thanks in advance!) 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Free 12 month Game Pass issue

Go to solution

Sorry for the bump but I'd really like to get this resolved asap. Is there anyone with a similar issue of running essentially two subscriptions in tandem and essentially wasting the benefit of one? 

I've checked my Game Pass app again this morning and it still says expiry date of 28/12/2025, but on BT's site it still says an expiry date of 04/01/2025. This is such a confusing headache. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

This may or may not help, but with the BT gamepass offer, it doesn't add the 12 months in 1 go, it will add a month at a time each month.

So in theory your gamepass expiry date will extend by a month each month then stop when your BT offer expires and then your gamepass account should revert back to your control.

But the fact it doesn't seem to have given you a full month to start with confuses me.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @STARS_TyranT,

Thank you for posting. When you add the free 12-month Game Pass it pauses any Game Passes that you had preloaded onto your account. Once your 12-month Game Pass with BT expires, your Xbox account will revert to what it was before.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hmm. Okay thank you. I guess there is a chance it may have added a month already (I now honestly can't remember if it should be November or December now you've both replied with the same information). I'll have to wait until the end of the month, and see if it extends the expiry date into 2026. That way we would be able to tell if this is working. 

Knowing that it should pause the previous subscription is a huge relief though in itself. Thank you.