cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Help needed on MyBT app as unable to get to list of wifi devices

Go to solution

Hello,

My wife has installed the myBT app and logged in with the admin password but when trying to access the list of wifi devices inorder to block access to specific devices the app keeps looping back to the Wecome to Smart Hub 2 set-up should take up to 15 minutes.

As the Smart Hub is already set up and I can use the myBT app on my phone to view and block wifi devices, she clicks Smart Hub 2 already set up but when she tries to view wifi devices again it keeps coming back to the Wecome to Smart Hub 2 set-up should take up to 15 minutes screen.

She has an iPhone 7, iOS 14.6 and she has tried deleting and reinstalling the app which is now version 8.35.0.

Any help appreciated to help manage our children's screen useage.

Many thanks

Mark

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Help needed on MyBT app as unable to get to list of wifi devices

Go to solution

Is she using her own MyBT/ BTID or is she logging on with your MyBT/BTID

If she is using her own MyBT/ BTID I suspect that only the BT account holder, or whoever set up their MyBT as the account holder will be able to make changes to the hubs settings such as the parental controls etc.

If you have a look at this link regarding the account holder etc.

What's the difference between an Account holder and an Account manager in My BT? | BT Help

It may be that if you make her an account manager it will then allow access to the settings. If that does not work it may be the case that she will need to use the same log on details as you do in your MyBT

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. She is logging in with my MyBT/BTID. This used to work a while ago. Perhaps serveral months ago.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If it is working on your phone there is obviously nothing wrong with your credentials so it would appear that it is the app that is the problem.

I note that you have already tried re-installing the app however I would suggest that you once again delete it from her phone then re-start the phone. This should clear out any stored cache/settings that the app may have left behind. 

Once it re-starts download the app again and reinstall and set it up to see if this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Re: Help needed on MyBT app as unable to get to list of wifi devices - now working

Go to solution

Hi gg30340, thanks for the suggestion. Before trying that my wife clicked the start set-up button on the Welcome to Smart Hub 2 screen instead of the Smart Hub 2 is already set up button. She ignored the scan the router QR code and re-entered the admin password, then she tried to view the wifi devices again, got a failed to get group list message but then it worked and the wifi devices were listed and she was able to pause wifi access. She closed and re-opened the app and it worked normally.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm sorry I didn't try the start set-up button first time. It didn't need setting up again but needed the password re-entering.

0 Ratings