cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

How to opt in to BT WiFi

Go to solution

My Smart Hub 2 router shows BT Wi-Fi status as inactive. If I click on the button there to go to the BT Wi-Fi web page it just opens my BT home page. If I click on the BT Wi-Fi link further down there's no means of opting in. How do I enable BT Wi-Fi? I think long ago I may have opted out. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: How to opt in to BT WiFi

Go to solution

@rfsmith7 Thanks for posting, if you visit MyBT on a web browser, click on learn more under the BT wifi section of the Overview page then scroll down there should be the option to either opt-in or out of BT wifi about halfway down the page. 

Capture.PNG

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for your help. However I've been to that page and it only shows an option to opt out, not to opt in. My router says it's inactive. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

The simplest way to check if you are opted in or out is to see if you can see the BTwifi SSID from your hub on any of your wifi devices.

btwifi4.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

No I can't see any of these BT WiFi SSIDs - just my base BT-xxxxx id.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

In which case, try opting out and then opting in again on the MYBT page.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

OK, tried that. When I opt out, it thinks for a bit and then goes straight to my home page without saying anything. When I return to the wi-fi page, the opt-in option is now there. So I select that, it thinks for a bit and then refreshes the page  with the opt-in option no longer showing.  But my hub still says it's inactive so I've no real idea if it's done anything.  No wi-fi SSIDs showing. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

It can take up to 28 days between opting in/out for it to become effective.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

OK thank. Guess I just need to wait and see.  Wonder why something like this takes so long though!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

For 2 reasons, the change needs to be pushed to your hub and also systems updated to allow/disallow access when out and about.

If your hub doesn't show the BTwifi SSID in a couple of days, reboot it to see if it triggers the update.

0 Ratings