cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

I can't update from McAfee to Norton.

Go to solution

I have done the "use Norton" bit weeks ago, but keep getting "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." every time I try to get into "Manage" again.

HELP!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: I can't update from McAfee to Norton.

Go to solution

Hi @MelvynS, welcome to the forum, and sorry you're having a problem changing over to Norton.

It sounds like your BTID username is not an email address. If it is an email address let me know.

If it's not an email address please follow the steps to change your BTID Username to an email address and once this is completed try again with the new BTID username.

cheers

John

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Hi John,
Thanks, I'll try that and come back to you if I need to.
Melvyn
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Hi John
I have managed to download Norton, it is working fine on my phone, however, on my PC, it appears to have done most of the job, but the installer keeps telling me that it can't connect to the Norton server. Any ideas?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @MelvynS, thanks for the update, and glad you've got the phone sorted. 

For the error message on the PC have a look at This Post from the community manager and let me know how you get on.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
Hi John
Sorry, no use at all.
It is the installer that is giving me the problem. It seems to be jammed at the point where it needs to activate something by accessing Norton and it can't.
Getting a bit fed up with it, because it appears to be working, so perhaps I should just exit it?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @MelvynS and thanks for the comments.

@JohnC2 is out of the office. My advice would be to click exit. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply.

I have done. Everything seems to be working alright. See how we go from here. 

Thank you for your help.

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you JohnC2. I have been trying for sometime to get this sorted. I was on the phone to BT for an hour yesterday and they could not understand why I couldn’t get Norton after I had tried all of there recommendations to rectify the problem. They are due to ring me back. I looked at this site last night and found your answer. My BT - ID was not an email address so I have done as you suggested and sure enough it worked immediately. I am now set up with Norton. Thanks again for your input.

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@JohnC2 thanks for this advice. When did the requirement to change BTID to email address come into effect. I've had a separate username for all the many years I've been a BT customer. And that will impact other services like BT Sport I'm guessing. A bit disappointing and should be part of the letter explaining the change to Norton. 

Thanks

Stephen

0 Ratings