cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

My BT app

I would like to know when using the “My BT” app and clicking on  “your wi-fi network” and then “control wi-fi access for your devices” there are several UNKNOWN  devices showing.  But when I log into 192.168.1.254 on my PC, these UNKNOWN  devices are not showing anywhere?

I have tried deleting the “My BT” app and reinstalling and signing in again but still UNKNOWN devices are still showing in the app!

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: My BT app

Hi, @andreaferns120472 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Have you tried googling the MAC addresses of the unknown devices as that will often help you find out what they are?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

I’ve updated the iOS My BT app to the latest update and there’s no keyboard available so that I’m unable to login to our account.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi @Brucemeister5 I haven't seen any other report of that problem, it's also working on my iOS device without an issue. Have you tried powering off and on your device to see if that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

I turn my iphone off every night

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi @andreaferns120472 that message was meant for @Brucemeister5. I'm sorry for any confusion

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Thanks @NeilO. I’ve resolved the issue now by following your suggestion. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

MY BT APP

I would like to know when using the “My BT” app and clicking on  “your wi-fi network” and then “control wi-fi access for your devices” there are several UNKNOWN  devices showing.  But when I log into 192.168.1.254 on my PC, these UNKNOWN  devices are not showing anywhere?

I have tried deleting the “My BT” app and reinstalling and signing in again but still UNKNOWN devices are still showing in the app!

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Re: MY BT APP

I have many many unknown devices (today it's twelve);  it has been a game of cat and mouse to work out what they are (in the very unlikely event of an unknown device/or actor accessing my network). 

Some pointers -

If you have wifi discs, narrow down the device x disc; then look carefully as to what devices are likely to be connected and block each one/test/unblock individually to try to work it out

See if 2.4 or GHz- again can help identify

Change to always use this IP address then try to find out by MAC address

- Remember, some devices *may* reconnect on a new mac address and some of the unknowns (especially when unconnected) are legacy connections.

Hope this helps

Message 10 of 11

Re: MY BT APP

Its probably due to MAC address randomisation on your Apple device,.

0 Ratings