cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

NORTON instal

Following BT instructions. I removed McAfee. Installed Norton but there was a message "auto-protect" not fixed. Contacted chat line and they advices to remove Norton and reinstall. This produced the same outcome "auto-protect" not fixed. Therefore ran a quick scan. 5 hours later still running with no indication of when it would finish. Removed Norton and restored Windows security, but not sure how good windows security is?  Advice appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: NORTON instal

I use Kaspersky and have never had any problems with it, plus the portal gives you a lot more information and allows you to lock and locate lost devices. I tried the Norton offering, but I had several problems with it, so gave up.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Microsoft security program now gets consistently good reviews. If you do an Internet search you can check for your self.

see links

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Review | Trusted Reviews

Is Microsoft Defender the Best Antivirus for Your PC in 2021? (makeuseof.com)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks very much. I am giving it another go, but could no success. BT are referring to their back office team.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks very much. This provides me with some re-assurance. I have given it another go with BT. Unsuccessful. BT Chat line have now referred to their back office. Very time consuming.
0 Ratings