cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

New Norton Security from BT

Go to solution

I have paid for Norton Security for many years and currenly have Norton 360 deluxe.( and have never used the BT security products).

Should I not renew my Norton contract? Will I receive the same protection via BT? Which exact Norton product is provided?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: New Norton Security from BT

Go to solution

Hi @homerhotspur and thanks for posting.

You'll get details on the Norton Security at Important updates to your virus and password protection 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

FWIW.
If your commercial Norton 360 is on 'Auto-Renewal'. Don't forget to log into your Norton Account, and cancel the Auto-Renewal, if you decide to subscribe to BT Virus Protect (Norton 360).
OFH-LJ-0.2x32.gif

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

You will need to uninstall your paid for version of Norton before trying to install the BT version other wise it will cause a conflict and report you already have Norton installed.

If you do decide to do that and if you are using a Windows computer the on board Microsoft Defender will automatically activate and protect your computer until you manage to download and install the BT Norton version.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
thanks, out of interest , is this something you have done recenty( ie change from personal Norton to BT inc Norton? If so, how have you found the experience and is the protection broadly the same?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@homerhotspur wrote:
thanks, out of interest , is this something you have done recenty( ie change from personal Norton to BT inc Norton? If so, how have you found the experience and is the protection broadly the same?

I do not use Norton or the BT version.  I have a few laptops and PCs and between them I use the free Microsoft Defender antivirus and the Avast free version both of which I have found work very well and have had no problems what so ever with either of them.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

sorry for duplicated posts 7 and 8. I was trying to reply directly to ' Company Pensioner''s post but that doesn't seem possible, nor can they be deleted.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

If you want to reply to an individual, click on the reply box then click on the three dots in the menu bar of the box and this will open the '' quote marksClick on that and that will insert the message that you want to reply to. Edit out parts if needed then in the section below the quote add your message.

Meanwhile I will delete your duplicate posts.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I only use Norton from BT as its free. Otherwise im not a big fan out Norton.

I preferred McAfee.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@homerhotspurwrote:

sorry for duplicated posts 7 and 8. I was trying to reply directly to ' Company Pensioner''s post but that doesn't seem possible, nor can they be deleted.

Thanks for the interest.

I've found all Norton Security Products, fundamentally the same, and parallel other Security Product Providers. The difference being; the more you pay, the more facilities you accrue. Do you actually need all the resources: only if you require a specific application ? Basic free versions of AVs will protect you; but, they can come with 'nag-screens', that, annoyingly, often prompt you to buy the full version. Personal choice is a big thing in Security Products.
Free BT Virus Protect (Norton) will serve you just as well as your current paid version.BE SAFE OUT THERE !BE SAFE OUT THERE !