cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Norton Password Manager - Vault password creation issues

I am experiencing great difficulty creating my password manager account. I am directed straight to enter vault password when trying to open on phone and desktop. At no stage have I been given an option to set a vault password. Within mobile app, I receive a message stating secure vault was setup automatically - use mobile app. However, I am already in mobile app and can't get past vault password screen. BT technical support are trying to resolve with next call back due tomorrow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Norton Password Manager - Vault password creation issues

@Markegglestone welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems setting up the Norton password manager. Have you followed the below steps?

1. Log in to My BT using the BT ID username and password with Account Holder status. To check the status, view Your Account details (hover over My BT to view the menu)
  2. Select Your Security in the top menu bar
  3. Find the Norton Password Manager tile and select Switch to Norton
  4. If you are using Password Manager for the first time, click Activate
  5. The status will change to Manage
  6. Select Manage to go to the My Norton portal, where you can start installing Norton Password Manager
  7. Follow the instructions to install a browser extension

Once installed, on the Norton Password Manager screen:

1. Choose Sign in with Service Provider
  2. When asked for a Partner Code, type BT
  3. Click Next. You will then be asked to Confirm your service provider is BT
  4. Log in to My BT again to Create your vault password

You must create a strong password and remember this to be able to access your vault in future.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi Neil, thank you for your prompt reply.

That is the problem, it takes me straight to 'enter vault password' screen with no option to create a password first. BT support thought it was thinking my mobile was a PC. This is why said needed to create password via app first, even though already in app! I was advised to download direct from play store but same issue. Support are calling back later today.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@Markegglestone Oh I see, I think we'll need to leave this one to the helpdesk. They'll also be able to raise a case directly with Norton if needs be.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hello, I am having similar problems with the Vault password.
I did not set one up and it keeps telling me wrong password, can this be resolved by anyway.

Regards

Nala

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi Nala, 

I last spoke to tech team couple of weeks ago. They said there have been some teething issues. They have arranged for Norton to re-set my Norton password manager account. However, it's made no difference. I am going to call tech team back to advise.

Please let me know if you find a solution!

Kind regards,

Mark

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Mark

Thanks for reply.

I have not sorted it out regarding getting round password for vault that somehow was set up.

Now still waiting answers 

Nala

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Having exactly the same issue here. Created a vault, used biometrics on my iPhone to unlock and added the web browser plugin. Now when I log on to the web, my browser wants me to unlock via the iphone app, but the iPhone app wants a password that I never created.

All my passwords are in here and they're all randomly generated nonsense (by this app) so currently I'm faced with a) Can it be fixed or b) reset 100+ accounts and just use Firefox for passwords.

Not a great start to this BT.

What's more concerning, when I logon to BT and choose manage for the password manager, it says no vaults have been created and starts a new vault wizard. Does this mean my previous vault is gone forever or does it only exist in an inaccessible state on my phone 😕

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

So, following on from my last. On the 3rd iphone request to unlock, my vault did at least in my browser. To my dismay, there's no export option so I've just had to copy/paste 157 passwords into excel. Thanks for that BT.

It's still borked on my iphone but I think I know what caused it. Using the method described above to logon does indeed create a new vault in BT portal that you can set a password for. However, when you first download the password app unless you know to click logon with partner then enter BT, you create a standard Norton account that is not linked to your BT security.

Basically, the process for doing this needs to be made clearer and us users need to read the small print.

0 Ratings