cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Norton Password Manager

How do I export my passwords from Norton Password Manager(BT)?

Grateful for any advice?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Norton Password Manager

To export passwords from the Norton password manager data from browser:

• Start your browser;
  • On the top-right corner of the browser, click on the Norton Password Manager icon;
  • Click Open vault from the pop-up;
  • In the unlock your vault window, type your vault password → Open vault;
  • Click the Norton Password Manager extension icon  Vault;
  • In the Norton Password Manager window, click on the three dots  Export vault;
  • In the Protected vault Action window, enter your vault password to export the Norton Password Manager data.

Export the Norton Password Manager data from Norton application:

• Start Norton. If you see the My Norton window, next to Device Security, click Open;
  • In the Norton main window, double-click Internet Security → Password Manager;
  • In the Norton Password Manager window, click the Settings icon available at the bottom of the window;
  • Click the Import/Export tab;
  • In the Export panel, select the file format.

You can select one of the following:

• Password Manager Backup Format - DAT File;

If you want to back up your data with a password for more security, type and confirm the password.

• Plain Text - CSV file (Logins & Notes only, you'll need to check format for new application).

You can access your vault backups at My Documents\Norton Password Manager Backups\<Norton account name>.

• Click Export.
  • In the Validate Password for Password Manager window, type your vault password to export your Password Manager data.
  • Click OK to confirm.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Lasors. The first option works if you need a "data dump". In that it provides all the data which I can then cut and paste as a whole.

The 2nd option just doesn't exist on the BT Norton Password Manager. i.e there is no settings icon at the bottom of the panel.

Thanks anyway.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the instructions. however i'm not getting an export option for the first method. and the second method it opens password manager up in the browser. 

any thoughts? 

thanks 🙂

0 Ratings