cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Norton Security switch has messed with my cctv email alerts

Ever since BT updated to Norton, my cctv is refusing to send email alerts and snapshots to other email accounts (well any actually).

I've been trying to figure out why the email alert system isn't working for either my independant Sricam cameras or my full CCTV system. I found the last email alert was sent at the end of March and since then nothing. This has to be something to do with the switch to Norton.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can get these alerts to work once more please?

Also, I didn't follow the instructions re Norton back in March - busy time and I forgot . Now when I go into my BT account and go to Norton I just get an error message with loads of this. "Error Description:
qNzLT2XWv7S9vQKg+RYNHsMIGSf45dQB9SAlHfUMLLPShokqby+t6soLuMwkGIx3mH2mA/EECbT296fGKwzUI9sDSbb8OYQJGNBXRZpvGCItajj4TY3U48dBi5OpEL/Do/T9j34esbTKYoACfWTe7E8yffyA9Ys1ZZPUpJoJtr99pfk30dDnyCqyk5xxeuyYtsJD6EokpP/7kSwcNpQcBR6V0B/3XHXdJPYCXpQ8KGcJbaWFf9enxS0q1rwwOQPs28ShwcrEvk9vrr3cgqPaCs/S3PVkgl+veLwOnYFj0omRMk61q6FgqdNjAQUEsCFv0xqwp3OwMyPnvKfret2YUn4xuLGHfrjlR/80jmtRFaii79XMgTPHZKcpGqeU0BmnZELs0m7fTZvroV9noO4pxjHEWwC/hPYaaAR/Ja70Bj2rWYMUhxhf9WBmwLLJCiCBjJg/NnKYjlwNyocnFkVQ8FFSIjmnDEkQFBuAGNi9zWyjoAMOmZhr7JNR7wXcrSi7ApX57tLxflT1gZq8j/mqOHfDnJPpr01J1AuzAYffrHF1plAaVtDGODcs5X6HeqhKApO1muwM1WF+DZEG2YiN+lph31Bwco7NZwfdi//4b7UH6NBRdsmOxIbvcdZDaMl46NWA6Mw4MlYH/71Ndm7OhTkY8RC4NZ+SMATXCis+/xHgGOwwlRnS75H1yM5lv4Lu8FCKwK9wL2RdY6YZ/gDhNpIhh/1EXNl3LrpCUOXwhN6gRspRH7fKgOthj7ppLVOnDgVk3dPzyvV5qosxoa8wc8gsWimtYssvAkviMmJsHOoaV15BiJXgHbRZF/RQGGRIN8YE3he2by8RmodD234N0qGdgu+PqCooj5v3JCJPJr8JOPBJyDXzQED91YRmOQaiUboNi+CT6DSxHxLLxGz2dcE4T/TJHF7YxghTffYfmwrZg6McLLNoKm2TCdyQy6/OVdKcskxmuOdFuQkJrsIV7vZjvxgP9vh5Z9NA5zKfdgSZo0vghVScaBFIk5/bnPOnD6PlJxPhm/T2MzqVU1WkEAgJGmBvdmUFHvfZjXuVpIqHVZotAa5B47vrUhKZ5ljaVEOETaRKJNtOWuiY+8zn3CPc/9OBPm8giGyT2LwMCLfCXFZ/nfhL/x5jPcGghrvGMdSN0o7EjbYB+2GcaAltJ7a3EuWubA0TWRSKT9AcToSlNTCfuh7PO4xCc7+YtppEOpHUKpDFLikqMnnY4lRFkjlYavmwVvYx0dKl8kwtwyV2JMEmtZ5ct5MEin6vt3FJAQAm5nALMifreZBpva56t46kiz/CUoBw23rXXDX4sOitd/f+Ye+hKFw1jNYU/wFntgm0LOI8dnVsdYxfzu4fzDrg3EHpDKzsk81jKA82OWeb6OlX8BOv+W0L6bU1lkqXjV8p9AtqFz+5420wcvPhiVGo4q2j0JaDYVnfN5urolSzjDdIAy+bHbi0PqgOo0lsVSevqe6lQaO8ymdfzo1pvSYKw+hOKWxx4rz+XAepBAVfqFQ0JgASLmnQ/TwT2dTbEMTwG3zMduAOCPS8n9TNMwq5j1C0Bnf2eyPv41U/pGQtb9v8rEKlGeJ/WX1esMYaRK1Ihj/V6ehvU72+yzExKz2rdOWbYkQ/Pwk078WvGdzWBCxzMJo6pvl1uIa4TfDmExxmfQ6wzNhWM7+rfRhRw/MsoBhfULCq2O/1HxQWkMkm5t. etc etc 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Norton Security switch has messed with my cctv email alerts

How do I log into BT's Norton to look at settings?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Has anyone got any suggestions as to why this is happening? So frustrating as my cctv has been notifying me with snapshots on motion detector for 10 years and now it won’t.
it can’t be the system nor my emails as it’s also failing when the stand alone camera systems are set to send alerts via email. The only not common denominator the broadband supplier which is BT

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

@Burmeywrote:

...... The only not common denominator the broadband supplier which is BT

I've read this a couple of times and I'm still not sure what you mean by it, are you saying you have changed ISP?

If so, and assuming your CCTV is set for static addressing, check that the gateway address is correct, i.e. 192.168.1.254 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Hi there. Thanks for responding. I’m afraid I’m not good with the terminology. 
I have a stand-alone camera from Amazon which uses Sricam app. I have used this for 4 years with no problems until 7th June this year(found the last email alert) . With this camera you can set it to send alerts and snapshots from your own email account TO your own email account. 
I’ve changed nothing. My BT broadband is the same, I haven’t changed any settings. And yet it’s stopped working. Only thing I can think of that’s changed is the anti virus software that the BT broadband package that must be blocking the sending and receiving of these emails somehow. 
the cctv I have works similarly. I’ve never had to use port forwarding or anything like that (I wouldn’t know how to). Email alerts work the same as above and also worked fine until the beginning of June (not March as I said previously). 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Try Googling "norton blocking sricam app" (without the quotes), I just did and there were a number of results on the Norton website that could all be relevant

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Hi… yes that is possibly relevant. I came across those pages last week when I was searching. However I don’t know how to get onto Norton security because I can’t find anywhere through my BT hub that references Norton for me to be able to adapt any settings. But yes it does sound like it’s Norton and it’s the change from Mcafee to Norton that’s messing this up for me.

My CCTV is important to me - can any of the moderators help me with this please? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Here's an idea, uninstall Norton and install one of the other free AVs or simply use Windows Defender.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Thank you. I wasn’t aware that I had downloaded Norton so unsure how I can uninstall it. I can only think it’s an inbuilt firewall in the router - or doesn’t that exist? 
Other alternative - was there a firmware update for the smart hub 2 around the start of June? 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

It is not inbuilt in the router, you have to download it to your devices. Are you sure you have Norton and that is what is causing your problem?

You can uninstall it as with any other program.

0 Ratings