cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Norton Security

Go to solution

I have updated to the BT's Norton Security.  When sending email - via Mail on my Mac - I get a pop up saying 'The Computer  xx.xx.xx.xx is attempting to access Mail on your computer. Do you want to allow this connection?  I have nervously been clicking 'Allow', and all seems to be fine so far. Is there a way to stop the pop ups?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Norton Security

Go to solution

Go into the Norton settings and untick the box that scans Outgoing emails.

I don't use Norton so it may be slightly different depending on which version BT are using.

1. Start Norton.

If you see the My Norton window, next to Device Security, click Open.

2. Click Settings.

3. In the Settings window, click Antivirus.

4. On the Scans and Risks tab, next to Email Antivirus Scan, click Configure.

5. In the Email Antivirus Scan window, under What to scan, uncheck Scan outgoing email messages.

6. Click Apply.

7. In the Security Request window, from the drop-down menu, select Permanently, and then click OK.

8. In the Email Antivirus Scan window, click OK.

9. Click Close.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks very much. That sounds entirely logical and straightforward.  Unfortunately however, those options are absent from the Settings!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

As I said, I don't use Norton, what I posted was off their website.

I would imagine that there is a setting some were that will do what I suggested however you may be better posting on the Norton forum where you will find more knowledgeable people about Norton than on this forum.

See link

Forums | Norton Community

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks.  Will do!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for raising this @JohnGray .

If you get the answer to your question can you please update your thread as I'm sure the other community members will find it useful.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hmmm....I cannot truthfully say I got an answer.  It was quite a tortuous process to register for the Norton Community Forum, including  almost an hour wasted on an online chat.  By the time this finally happened, the problem had gone away!

0 Ratings