cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Norton Security

Go to solution

I managed to install the new Norton security on my PC in February. Today I had cause to click their "tick" avatar on my task bar to check it was still ok. I have been all day clicking it but nothing comes up. I am scared I am secure. There is no-one to ask.  I did log into my BT and brought up the Norton page. They seemed to say my computer was "offline" which it certainly isnt. Its the one I am using now.  I see its easier to log into the private Norton account,but you cant with the one you get through BT.  Has anyone any idea how I can bring this to someones attention. I am 77 and dont see myself as being very confident on computers.   Thanks   David. Harrison 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Norton Security

Go to solution

@dave1925 

This is a public forum and as such it's not a good idea to post too much of your personal information.

What do you see when you point your mouse at the Norton icon in the system tray (bottom right hand corner of your screen) and click the left mouse button?

If everything is OK then you should see the below.

Norton.jpg

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
If I saw that I would not be asking. When I point my Mouse at the Norton icon I get nothing. Thats why I am asking am I protected ? I am not even certain I set it up properly in the first place ! I am a 77 year old guy not a computer engineer by any means. You have to be these days. I am at the end of my tether. I would gladly pay to have an engineer down to set it up properly David Harrison
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

If I saw that I would not be asking. When I point my Mouse at the Norton icon I get nothing. That's why I am asking am I protected ? I am not even certain I set it up properly in the first place ! I am a 77 year old guy not a computer engineer by any means. You have to be these days. I am at the end of my tether. I would gladly pay to have an engineer down to set it up properly. David Harrison

Does left or right click, on the tray icon action a response from the 'Norton'  UI ?
Do you have a Norton Desktop Icon, that will display the Norton UI ?
Windows users can 'click' the Windows Button, navigate to 'Norton', to facilitate a UI response.
A displayed 'Norton Green Tick', normally indicates that you are protected.

TTS.gif

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

😀@COMPANY-PENSIONER 

Trotters Tech Solutions doesn't quite work, have you thought about keeping the initials and inference the same as the original, may I suggest Trotters Information Technology. 🤣

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

😀@COMPANY-PENSIONER 

Trotters Tech Solutions doesn't quite work, have you thought about keeping the initials and inference the same as the original, may I suggest Trotters Information Technology. 🤣

The abbreviated form of 'Trotter's Independent Traders' incites a whole raft of 'cancel-culture', 'wokery', and a plethora of '15-minutes of fame whingeing '. So, I badged it for the 21st Century (echoing 21CN). Trotters Information Technology, ended up on the Cutting Room Floor.
TTS, it is, then.
TTS 2.gif

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hello,thanks for your reply.  there is very clearly a problem with my Norton security connection. Windows security have now taken over. I know you people have no more idea than me to solve this,but I was hoping you had any ideas how I can get in touch with Norton. Not the private Norton but BT Norton.  If I look at my security page on My BT it just says this desk top computer is "offline"  It very certainly is not off line. Its what I am using now. There must be a connection problem ?  Its always a nightmare trying to get in touch with any multi-national company these days. Amazon is the same.  They are too big to care.   Thanks for your help in this matter   David Harrison.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@dave1925wrote:

Hello,thanks for your reply.  there is very clearly a problem with my Norton security connection. Windows security have now taken over. I know you people have no more idea than me to solve this,but I was hoping you had any ideas how I can get in touch with Norton. Not the private Norton but BT Norton.  If I look at my security page on My BT it just says this desk top computer is "offline"  It very certainly is not off line. Its what I am using now. There must be a connection problem ?  Its always a nightmare trying to get in touch with any multi-national company these days. Amazon is the same.  They are too big to care.   Thanks for your help in this matter   David Harrison.

When you installed Norton, did you uninstall McAfee, first ? Two AVs or remnants left behind can compromise each others functionality.
If you're not techie, get a techie friend to check your pc:-
1. McAfee still installed or remnants ? Uninstall McAfee. Download / Run the McAfee Removal Tool (Windows / MAC).
2. Norton installed ? Remove & Reinstall Norton Tool (Windows / MAC).
Quizzical 0.png

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hello Aspiring Expert, I wish to tell you I got a company to sort out my problems with Norton security and others. He charged me £45 which I will gladly pay. Its ok now. Thanks for your replies   David Harrison