cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Norton Upgrade

Go to solution

I received the letter to update my security to Norton. I followed the link and got the message below

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I tried last week and got the same and put in a complaint online. Seven days gone and no reply.

This is not good enough BT. Very poor service.

Please reply and resolve my problem

Best Regards

Steve Blakeway

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Norton Upgrade

Go to solution
It will only give you Norton on mobile if you have Android 8.0 or above otherwise you are, like me, sunk!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Blakers56

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having changing to BT Virus Protect powered by Norton.  You're seeing the following message "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable" because your BT ID (the username you use to log in) is a name rather than an email address.

Please update your BT ID username to an email address and you'll be able to download the software once you've done that.  To update your username go to MyBT > Personal Details > Edit username.

Post back and let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Robbie

This just gets worse. I try and do that and it comes up with following

First, please give us an email address

You’ll use this email address to log in to My BT, and to receive emails from us including your e-bill. This is called your BT ID

I typed in my email and it says 'This Recovery email should not match with BT Username'

Of course my email is aligned to my account as I get regular updates and my bill this way.

What do I do now?

For a technology company BT.com is very poor. If it knows I have an email aligned to my account why is it not smart enough to use it.

Basically I am going around in circles.

Please help

Best Regards

Steve

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Blakers56 

Thank you for posting back!

I am sorry for the problems you're having getting this updated.  Do you have an alternative email address to use as the recovery email that is different from the one you've used as your BT ID?

You can get in touch with us and we'll give you a hand to sort this out.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Robbie

It should not be asking me for a recovery email as I clicked on the link to change my login. I am simply trying to change the login as you suggested and it must be the email I am supplying as this is the one registered on MyBT account and which you contact me with. I should not have to have an alternatie email and surely the recovery email would be best set to the MyBT email.

This is not Rocket Science. Whay are BT systems so bad. It's lucky BT are dealing with individuals.

Please get this sorted

Best Regards

Steve

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi, I am still trying to change over to Norton as directed by BT. We only have iPhones and iPads but nothing works, just keep getting told can’t download to IOS. Are we protected still or what celestial can I try? Thanks.Dave.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @dferguson958 

Welcome back and thank you for your post.

I am sorry for the confusion.  BT Virus Protect powered by Norton isn't available on iOS devices.  You can view full info about the product here >> What is BT Virus Protect and how do I get it? <<

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks Robbie - I’ll take a look but presumably I’m still secure? 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@dferguson958 wrote:

Thanks Robbie - I’ll take a look but presumably I’m still secure? 

@dferguson958 Do you have Anti-Virus currently installed on the devices?

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings