cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Norton anti-virus

Go to solution

Hi,

2 questions . . . after some issues, I have managed to update my anti-virus to Norton on my computer. To update my wife's computer do I use my  email and password, or her details?

Secondly, should I uninstall MacAfee before I attempt to install Norton?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Norton anti-virus

Go to solution

Hi @john_lef welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, if you're the account holder you'll need to use your BT ID details and as part of the Norton installation process, it will remove the McAfee software. 

You can install BT Virus Protect on up to two or 15 PCs, depending on the number of licences you have. You should install it on all the computers in your home to protect them online and offline.

To share your licences and install the software, simply follow the steps below:

1. Log in to My BT using the BT ID username and password with Account Holder status. To check the status, view Your Account details (hover over My BT to view the menu)
  2. Select Your Security in the top menu bar
  3. Find the BT Virus Protect tile and select Switch to Norton
  4. If you're using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate
  5. The status will change to Manage
  6. Select Manage to go to the My Norton portal, where you can start installing BT Virus Protect
  7. If you're using the device that needs Norton protection, choose Agree & Download

If you want to install Norton on another device:

1. Choose Send a download link 
  2. You will then reach a page where the download link can be shared via email, text or by copying the link. Alternatively, you can also scan the QR code found on the page
  3. Click on the link from the email/text on the device you want Norton installed on
  4. Click Agree & Download

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Norton anti-virus cannot see down load in My BT

Go to solution

I cannot see how to download Norton Anti Virus in My BT, I recently changed to BT Full Fibre 2 Broadband  but definitely cannot see it the Security area in My BT. I phoned and they said it wasn't included but only a couple of months ago I down loaded it with out a problem.   

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Re: Norton anti-virus

Go to solution

Hi @john_lef,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you haven't been able to download the BT Virus Protect. If you take a look at - BT Virus Protect, you'll find the steps you need to follow.

If you still can't download that after taking a look at the page, I'll need to get this investigated. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Re: Norton anti-virus cannot see down load in My BT

Go to solution

Hi,

I finally figured this out after being told by BT that this was no longer available. I noticed my current Broadband account number didn't show in My BT and registered my current Broadband account and low and behold it showed up in My BT login. So now have been able to down load to my computers. Not now sure how to show this as being solved.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Re: Norton anti-virus cannot see down load in My BT

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @Jona2 .

I'm glad you got this sorted. I'll mark it as solved for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings