cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Norton login

Go to solution

Hello.

I would like to know how I should be logging into Nortons website so I can access my password manager and account options. When I try to loggin with my BT account and password it simply does not work. So is there a different login or should I be making a new Norton account and linking it to my BT account?

I know I can login to bt and they will redirect me to my Norton account, but I do not want to login in to bt when I could just log right in to my norton account. thank you for any help

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Norton login

Go to solution

Hi @user12222

Welcome and thanks for your post.

The process to download, and install, BT Virus Protect powered by Norton & Norton Password manager are as follows:

BT Virus Protect powered by Norton

1. Log in to My BT using the BT ID username and password with Account Holder status.
    To check the status, view Your Account details (hover over My BT to view the menu)
  2. Select Your Security in the top menu bar
  3. Scroll down to BT Virus Protect
  4. If you are using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate
    If you are an existing BT Virus Protect customer, select Switch to Norton
  5. The status will change to Manage
  6. Select Manage to go to the My Norton portal, where you can start installing BT Virus Protect

You will be asked to agree to an End User License Agreement (EULA) and start the download. At this point, you can also send a link that will enable you to install BT Virus Protect on other devices.

We recommend you only have one version of security software on your computer.

During the installation process, BT Virus Protect powered by Norton will detect any other anti-virus software (including BT Virus Protect powered by McAfee) on your device and offer to uninstall it for you.

If you prefer, you can uninstall it yourself. For the best performance, we recommend uninstalling all files and browser extensions related to your old anti-virus software.

Norton Password Manager

Norton Password Manager is available to download from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.

You can also download and install Norton Password Manager via My BT. To do this:

1. Log in to My BT using the BT ID username and password with Account Holder status. To check the status, view Your Account details (hover over My BT to view the menu)
  2. Select Your Security in the top menu bar
  3. Find the Norton Password Manager tile and select Switch to Norton
  4. If you are using Password Manager for the first time, click Activate
  5. The status will change to Manage
  6. Select Manage to go to the My Norton portal, where you can start installing Norton Password Manager
  7. Follow the instructions to install a browser extension

Once installed, on the Norton Password Manager screen:

1. Choose Sign in with Service Provider
  2. When asked for a Partner Code, type BT
  3. Click Next. You will then be asked to Confirm your service provider is BT
  4. Log in to My BT again to Create your vault password

You must create a strong password and remember this to be able to access your vault in future.

Full info can be found here >>  What is BT Virus Protect and how do I get it? <<

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings