cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Norton's 13 digit number password.

Go to solution

I'm having no luck upgrading to the new Norton's BT virus protect. 

When I login via my account username (Not an email address) I get an error message "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily" etc.

Also when I try and manage my email addresses it says I have 6 in use and I do but I can only see 3!

When I login with an email address I get and option to activate Norton's but I then I get asked for a 13 digit number!

I've looked online but the only post I saw never gave a solution but mentioned a private message.

Can someone advise what should I try next?

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Norton's 13 digit number password.

Go to solution

Hi @MacMan96, welcome back, and sorry you're having trouble moving over to Norton.

There are a few things to check and the first is that you are using the Primary BTID with the account holder status claimed.

Have you completed the change over of your BTID Username to an email address? As it will not work unless the Primary BTID is an email address. 

Finally, do you have more than one account linked to your BTID.

Post back and let me know how you get on and if you need further help to fix this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, I have logged in using my BTID and my email address both say they are the account holder but the type of account is a Vision account, is this correct?

I also logged in using my primary email address (this was my first email address however, I know longer use it but was told I couldn't delete it) and it says its a service user account.

Can you confirm this is correct?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

FYI, I am an ex BT employee and have had multiple accounts over the years (not by my choosing), it looks like I currently have three accounts linked to my ID. The "Vision" account that includes my broadband payments begins with GB, the second account begins with LS and the third with LC.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @MacMan96 and thanks for posting.

Great to see you again. It's been a while. I think having so many accounts etc is causing a problem. We'll need to take a closer look at this for you. I'll drop you over a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @MacMan96 

Thanks for your patience whilst I got everything resolved for you.

Sorry for the problems you had downloading and installing BT Virus Protect powered by Norton.  The problem was due to duplicate BT ID's with your account number associated to both.

To fix this, I removed everything and helped set up a single BT ID.  I am pleased that you have now been able to install the software using the newly created BT ID.

As things are now resolved I'll go ahead and close this off from here as agreed.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi can someone please help to get me 13 digit Norton pin code.

Thanks

Satish

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

If your account is setup correctly you will not need a 13 digit number. Hopefully one of the moderators will see your message and contact you. In my case I had previously worked for BT and over the years had multiple accounts, this confused the system and in the end they closed all my accounts and opened a new one, I then could download and install Nortons without getting asked for the 13 digit number.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Many thanks I do have more than 1 account but only 1 is active. 

Hoping it gets fixed soon

0 Ratings