cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Parental Controls not working

Morning all. First time poster but I’ve found myself reading these forums for help a few times. 
I’ve seen threads about my issue before, however they all seemed to be solved through direct message so I’m not sure what the fix was. 

ever since upgrading to full fibre I have been unable to use the parental controls in my account. I can still apply them, and I still get an email saying it’s been done but they aren’t effective. I’ve done the standard steps of rebooting the router etc…….

could anyone share how to get them working again? 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Parental Controls not working

Posted on another but here too....

I have had the same problems for a couple of weeks....I have had it confirmed that it is a CENTRAL BT issue with Parental Controls but this is not widely known by the call handlers....it does not matter what you do to your settings, no changes are actioned, even though you receive notifications to advise that you have made changes.

The call handlers have gone through loads of checks, reboots, etc and on both occasions that I went through this, they eventually found out from a colleague that its been know about for a while and 'they are sorting it'....the initial estimated fix date that I was given was the 28th Feb, but its still not fixed....

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Thanks very much @jondp 
I’ve been searching for an answer on what settings to change but I won’t waste my time now! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi @Den6112 and @jondp,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're Parental Controls aren't working. If you send me the details, I'll get this investigated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@PaddyB can you confirm the truth of @jondp 's statement that this is a BT systems issue? Apart from wasting people's time trying to resolve the problem locally, if users are currently unable to activate Parental Controls (but are being given the impression from messages that they have done so), isn't that a safety issue that BT should be making customers aware of?

Message 6 of 10

Bt parental control is useless doesn’t work at all .. they don’t resolve anything even ask you to send private message but they never read or reply.

what a waste by BT someone should sue them for safety concern 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi @funkyoptions and thanks for the post.

We deal with cases in turn. I've checked our queue and we have your details. Once you reach the top one of the moderators will be in touch. It won't be long.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

One week is gone since asked the solution and  NOTHING  SORTED  yet ..  other  provider give one click  solution throught their  router and  BT  seems to be living in  1990

BT is there an solution

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I've had the same problem since mid Feb

I've contacted BT by phone and via chat (lots of times). In fact I've spent over 4 hours on chat, still not fixed!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

It looks like this might have now been fixed!!!

You may need to log out and back in again...

It might take a few minutes for the changes to take effect, but they do actually now take effect!

Unfortunately, it has wiped my previous settings, but I can recreate those.

0 Ratings