cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Parental controls error

I've recently moved house and without changing parental controls on my account it now appears to be blocking content despite parental controls and BT web protect not being activated in MyBT.

Maybe something to do with previous homeowners BT internet account?

Tried speaking to someone at BT last week but nothing was fixed and went round in circles. Any ideas or anyone come across this before?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Parental controls error

Hi @Warney6 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're being blocked by parental controls in error. Is this happening on all devices or only ones connected to powerline adapters?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hello, thank you for replying, I had been assured it would be fixed within 48 hours from the date of the original post by a member of the BT help team. This never happened and the issue remains. It is on all devices connected to our router. I have tried on other people's internet and the issue does not appear so clearly a problem with our broadband after the mentioned home move. Really frustrating this now as I've tried multiple times to get this sorted and it just isn't being done...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Warney6 thanks for posting back, I'm sorry this is yet to be resolved. I wonder if there's a crossed line and you're connecting to someone else's broadband. If you have a normal landline can you dial 17070 and make sure it's your own number that's read out? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings