cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Problems connected discs to mobile, First discovery attempt failed

My wifi stopped working.  BT said I needed a new router which they sent me.  We have 2 BT discs, so after setting up the new router and connecting to it on my mobile, I tried the whole home wifi app.  Connected the first disc with ethernet, waiting for it to turn blue, but then I got stuck because the app on my phone can't find the disc and I get the message, "first discover attempt failed, will retry" and error code: setup - 012.

Tried the other disc, same problem.

However, when I put the discs back into their positions, both now appear to be working with solid blue lights.

When I look at what is connected to my wifi, there appears to be 3 discs connected, "hallway", "hallwayb" and "bar".  Am assuming the system has applied the "b" to "hallway" to distinguish it, because I didn't.  Nothing is running from the "hallway" disc, but "hallwayb" and "bar" seem to be working fine.

So, do I need to delete the "hallway" one, and if so how?   And how do I get the app to connect so I get full use of it?  I've googled and it seems perhaps the discs may need a firmware update??

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problems connected discs to mobile, First discovery attempt failed

What colour are the discs? if black then you're using the wrong app, you should be using the My BT app

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems connected discs to mobile, First discovery attempt failed

Thank you so much. I was sure that was the app I used last time.

0 Ratings