cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 38

Public BT Wi-Fi opt out - mod please assist

Go to solution

Hi, I like to have the public BT Wifi on my Smart Hub 2 opted out. This has been fine for a long time, I vaguely recall requiring assistance at some point in the past where I think a mod sorted this for me.

On the Smart Hub 2 status webpage, at the bottom where it says Public BT Wifi, this used to say Not Active. I have noticed this last week that it now says Active and I can see an open SSID when I scan for networks on my mobile devices.

I did try the opt out option on the MyBT webpage but this doesn’t do anything. I would appreciate it if a mod could opt me back out of this please.

I recently had issues with our SkyQ box losing internet connection and had to resort to power cycling the BT Smart Hub 2 to get SkyQ connected again - might not be related, but I suspect this power cycling may have triggered the public wifi status to reactive.

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
Message 2 of 38

Re: Public BT Wi-Fi opt out - mod please assist

Go to solution

More likely it's the 5Ghz channel setting on the SH2, Sky Q uses ch36 and I bet your SH2 does as well.

Select another channel on the SH2

Message 3 of 38

Go to solution

Cheers, I have just done this now so hopefully that resolves the conflict with SkyQ.

I would still appreciate a mod to lend a hand and opt-out of Public BT WiFi on my Smart Hub 2. I just tried the opt-out webpage again, this time via. PC - previously only tried it via. mobile - but this page still doesn't go anywhere.

Message 4 of 38

Go to solution

It seems that you're not alone, Re: Hot Spot active - not wanted - Page 2 - BT Community

Perhaps @DanielS can help you out

Message 5 of 38

Go to solution

I did report the broken web page a month ago, but as usual with BT, nothing has been done about it.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Unable-to-disable-BT-Wi-Fi/td-p/2257928

The mods do their best but are at the mercy of the relevant teams to fix problems

Message 6 of 38

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your opt out of BTWifi problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @besmirched, sorry you're not able to opt out of the wifi.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us and we'll be happy to help you with this. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 38

Go to solution

Thanks for assist. Had a BT callback yesterday and opt out is now sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 38

Go to solution

The web page, however, is of course still broken and just goes round in a loop.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 38

Go to solution

Still broken.

0 Ratings