Re: Public BT Wi-Fi opt out - mod please assist

Go to solution

I thought you said it was working.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @licquorice 

Sorry what I meant was my Smart Hub 2 isn’t sending the public wi-fi signal out, states it’s not active. I can access the public wifi now I have been opted back in.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 38

Go to solution

I assumed that you were testing that it worked by connecting to your own BTWifi signal. Can you not see BTWiFi as a network regardless of what the hub says?

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 38

Go to solution

@licquorice  I’m afraid not, I cannot see BT Wi-Fi or BT Wi-Fi X as an option, under router connection settings it shows Public Wi-Fi status Not active so I take it this is the part where BT Wi-Fi hotspot is being distributed.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @carwynf1 It can take up to 30 days for the Hub to start broadcasting the public BT wifi hotspot again. 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

Thank you for clarifying! Was expecting it to be an instant switch on.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO,  @JohnC2 

I have been opted back in, and as you have stated it can take up to 30 days. Is there a way to check with the Wi-FI team if the the hub has been opened for this please? 

Thanks,

Carwyn

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 38

Go to solution

Hi to all

My hub been reset to default by one of the technician from BT, he was claiming that this might solve a problem (it totally did not but that not important, its all fix now) . Now from a week now i'm talking with different people form BT to get option Public WiFi deactivate on my HUB. I been ask three times already to wait 24hours for this take effect on my HUB, but this option is still activated.

Is there any option how to switched off, with out talking to BT customer support?

Thanks for any advice

0 Ratings