cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Re: Server Error switching to Norton

Go to solution

Right so I had issues when changing from McAfee to Norton in early January and they were resolved at the time and I managed to changeover a number of the systems I have to Norton.

So today I tried to go in via my account, via a browser, to send a link for another device to be upgraded and noticed that my account security says I need to change over to Norton.

So I clicked on that and what do I get but "Sorry Server error" coming up.

So I resorted to sending the link via the Norton application running on one of my systems it is already installed and this worked and has updated the number of licences I have in use.

So the only thing I have changed since successfully upgrading to Norton in January is to recontract my Broadband.

The fact that my BT account is saying to upgrade to Norton, when I already did this in January, is one thing but to deny me access to do additional licences is a breach of my contract and just another one of the latest in a long line of shambles with my account over the years.

Why is customer service so hard for BT and why are us customers having to do the testing and sorting out of your products.

I am beginning to regret re-contracting again already

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @chamber_boy, welcome back, and sorry you're having a further issue changing over to Norton. I've moved your post to create your own thread to prevent confusion on the other user's thread.

This error is normally associated with the BTID. As you've already installed this on some devices in January I'm sure that you've only got one account on your BTID and have already claimed the account holder status.

Please log in to your BTID and check the 'Your Security' section and see if you only have 2 licenses or 15?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi JohnC2,

Thanks for the reply.

I am the account holder and there is no account manager that I can see via MyBT.

I am on Halo3+ so should have 15 licences.

MyBT it only says switch to Norton now and doesn't show how many licences I have and says I need to update now but I already did this in January and it showed Norton correctly then until I tried today.

NortonBTAccountIssue.jpg

In the Norton App on one of my PC's I see that I have used 8 out of 15 licences.

NortonApp.jpg

I was wondering if this goes back to the issue I reported that said I had only 2 licences showing on MyBT on my McAfee account when I had 15. That did not stop me updating to Norton in January, well once the server error issues that many had then were resolved, and getting the 7 licences for the Norton installs I did then.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @chamber_boy, thanks for checking that for me.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you fix this.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi JohnC2,

Thanks for the PM and offer of help.

Information requested has now been sent to you.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi JohnC2,

I seem to have missed a call from your team as the mobile signal around where I was today has been a bit iffy so sorry about that.

Thanks for the quick response and hopefully the team can get through on Tuesday.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi JohnC2,

So I spoke to the BT support team who assured me the issue would go away once the MyBT setup was updated and the "reminder" to "Switch to Norton" was stopped from 1st April.

They closed down my complaint on this basis.

So surprise , surprise 1st April comes along and indeed the reminder to "Switch to Norton", even though I have has indeed disappeared to be replaced by "Activate Norton" and surprise/surprise when I click on it what happens , well the same "Server error" I was assured I would not see after the 1st April.

BTVirusProtectActivateError.jpg

So I tried another PC, that does not have Norton on it, as 2nd line support said it also looks to see if Norton is active on the device and guess what, same "Server error.

So as instructed I tried the direct means I was given to get to support and you guessed it it doesn't work.

So it looks like BT have played not one but three April fools jokes on me , good job I am taking it in with a sense of humour.

Can someone again please escalate this again to the support team as clearly this is still an ongoing issue and it needs sorting please.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

So a big thank you for the really quick intervention and fix applied today by DanielS of the MOD team.

Well done guys and thank you for at last resolving this issue which was due to an incorrect setting on my account.

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @chamber_boy

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today.

I'm very happy that I was able to get this fixed for you, at our end.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Have a great day,
DanielS

0 Ratings