cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Unable to sign in to Norton

I am unable to log in to anything. I just get a message saying my password does not exist. Everything seems to work but I am unable to set up password manager as I cannot sign in!! (Bring back McAfee)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to sign in to Norton

Hi @Oki, welcome to the forum, and sorry you're having a problem with the Norton Password Manager.

Are you still having this problem?
Is there already another Password Manager set up from your BT account? 
Have you tried the Password reset option and tried to log in after this?

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the answer however it wasn't password manager (Idon't use Norton for this, it's too cumbersome) it was an inability to sign in to Norton at all. This I have resolved, thanks anyway.

I do however have another problem, with McAfee I could scan and remove trackers with a lot of options. As far as I can see the equivalent within Norton would be a 'Custom Task' but this does not allow me to configure anything e.g. Firefox History and temporary files the only tasks listed are Windows and Internet Explorer 'Temp Files' and Internet Explorer History. As I don't use Internet Explorer these are of little use and I can see no way to configure these tasks.

Any tips welcome!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Having the same problems here too, it then says Unable to Contact Server, why do BT overcomplicate everything?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@DRC I'm sorry to see you're having problems with Norton,  is this the error you're getting “Cannot connect to the Norton Server”

This error may occur if there is a problem when you activate your Norton. To resolve this problem, run LiveUpdate.
• In the bottom right corner (where time & date is) find the Norton Icon (you may need to click the up arrow to see more)
• Right-click on the Norton icon, and then click Run LiveUpdate
• When Norton LiveUpdate is finished, click OK
• Exit all programs, and restart the computer

Post back and let me know if that works.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi John,

I have done that, to be honest not totally sure what the log in details would need to be, are they the main BT account log in or the Norton log in?

Also same issues on Androids.

Please advise..

TIA Dave

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Bump
0 Ratings