cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Upgrading to Norton & removing Mcafee from MacBook Air

Hi. Trying to install Norton on MacBook and have removed everything with McAfee but it says its detected incompatible security software, please remove McAfee. I can't find any files with McAfee and have tried several times.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Upgrading to Norton & removing Mcafee from MacBook Air

Hi @Seabass, thanks for posting, and sorry you're having this problem updating to Norton.

Are you using a version of Mac older than 10.14?

cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Hi John

Tx for your response. Its Mojave 10.14.6

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi @Seabass, thanks for checking that for me and posting back.

Follow the steps in this Document and this will help fix this for you. Let me know how you get on. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi Joh

Tx for the info. I had got beyond most of it so just checked all locations for hidden files but found none. I had manually removed these previously. I didn't have a McAfee uninstaller so I presume I removed McAfee when I uninstalled the BT Virus protect app. I did manually trash McAfee installer and library and case files and have now emptied the trash and re-booted a couple of times but still the same message.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi @Seabass

Thank you for posting back and for trying the steps in the document John posted above.

I am sorry that you're still seeing the same message.  We are going to need your details to investigate this further for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi Robbie

Thanks for your reply and offer to help.

Not happy to disclose that info, not sure why you need it.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for posting back @Seabass 

I understand your concern.  The document that John posted should have helped remove all traces of McAfee files to let you download BT Virus Protect powered by Norton.  I am sorry that didn't work.

To help resolve this we need to take your details offline to arrange a call from a colleague to talk you through this.  It's entirely your own decision if you want to do that.  Alternatively, you can call our helpdesk directly on 0800 111 4567 if you feel more comfortable getting in touch that way.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi Robbie

Tx. Run out of time today. Will follow up either route when I can. 

Message 10 of 10

Tx you both for your help. Apologies for not responding sooner. I got someone in to help me and I think the McAfee file was hidden in one of the folders suggested in your document. I mustn't have followed the instructions properly when I tried.
0 Ratings