cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Where is BT's Welcome Back department..?

Go to solution

And I'm not being sarcastic....

I want to know if I can come back to BT after making a very, very bad choice. My Hub5 downloaded at 52-54Mbps. Its replacement can only manage 37 (on the same cable). I intend to return it as unsuitable for purpose. 

My last bill was on July 12, so I may still have a final payment to make. So can anyone point me to the Welcome Back department...?  

NOTE: I hold my hand up to admit I did not read the info as carefully as I should and mistook the "you will get..." as "not less than". My bad!  

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Where is BT's Welcome Back department..?

Go to solution

I don't think there is a Welcome Back Department, head over to BT.com and have a look through the new customer offers as they're normally pretty good 

Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Thank you 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@Scotsmac 

if you only left in July you are not considered a new customer  Try retentions and see if you resurrect your old account on better terms 08007831401

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you - I'm terrible on the phone (hard of hearing - nightmare for both ends); is there a 'chat/**bleep** email' sort of link?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

The bleep was not swearing - I used the appropriate version of "come" 😀

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Come 😆

There is a live chat via BT.Com but I don't know what the availability is.... Your best bet is to look at what offers are available on the BT website 

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

The missus is on the way home, so I may get her as spokesperson 😄

Thanks again - I'll keep you posted.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@Scotsmac wrote:

The bleep was not swearing - I used the appropriate version of "come" 😀

I guess you used a three-letter word that rhymes with "come" and indicates a dual purpose. Alas, it's also slang for a bodily fluid and offends this forum's hyper-sensitive, US-based provider. It idiotically censors numerous, perfectly respectable proper English words, the most egregious being a ban on blokes called Richard using the age-old abbreviation of their name beginning with D.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

If am accounts closed it can't be resurrected even if it closed in July, in that case the advice about joining as a new customer is correct