cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Ads on EETV

Much like your posts on the old YouView community @Midnight_Voice / Roy, some of them need to come with instructions! 🤣

I factory reset the Pro Box last night and boxed it up to go back into storage, Even though I still have just under a year to go on my contract. 

To be honest, I’ve just had enough of it. The entire service lacks responsibility, direction and understanding of what some customers want that would enable it to be a viable alternative to the norm as it was in the early days.

The absolute chaos of online systems and the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing with the whole BT/EE thing is just the icing on the cake.

Any offer asking me to move to EE will need to be exceptional to get me to stay for the broadband, but I won’t keep EE TV either way.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

@stereohaven 

As on the YouView Community, my deliberately obscure references are prechecked that they can be Googled, and that (I hope) anyone following up will find the follow-up worthwhile. And yes, there are extra points for those who don’t even need to Google it 😛

I’ve always found YouView’s inability (or reluctance?) to make the platform what it should have become disappointing, but I have always found my YouView boxes reliable, such that they do what they are supposed to do, even though that isn’t what I hoped they would do.

We are now in a place where you almost don’t need the recording capability of the Pro box, and it will be interesting to see the proportion of users who go for the EE Apple TV instead.

But I’ve never wanted a BT or EE subscription; I’m happy with a Now subscription that is much more flexible.

Next decision point is August; now I’ve retired, I don’t need the bells and whistles 900Mbps BT Broadband with mobile backup that I have (not that it ever gets over 350Mbps in practice anyway). But how much slower will I still find acceptable, and will I stay with BT, or go elsewhere?

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 13 of 16

Indeed at home with use Apple TV box's in all 3 rooms where there are TV's, primarily they are used for everything, streaming our own content from a NAS plus also all the streaming apps out there are supported....in addition you can rely on the ATV box supporting 4K and all the HDR formats that exist (disclaimer, maybe not all incase someone knows an obscure one I dont know).....well the latest 4K model does. They are fantastic things and you dont need an Apple TV + subscription to use one which my mother keeps asking me! I think apple should have changed the naming of those to be honest.

In my main living room though  I have the EETV box and whilst I do have Big Sport giving me NowTV Sky Sports and TNT Sports via Discovery plus I utilise the box more often for these channels. I have a young daughter, I cant always block time out during the day to watch footy so the box has been a godsend since I got it, I had Now and Discovery separately before but since combining via BT into Big Sport im saving a ton plus also having a TV Box. Now I can record football and watch it after her bedtime so long as I avoid the news which isnt too hard. Of course you can fast forward all the ads unlike when I recorded the FA Cup game on ITV and had to fast forward all the pre match stuff then watch all the ads each time.

For everything else pretty much we are just using Apple TV.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

@naylor2006 

Recording Now Sports is definitely a primary use case for EE TV.

I even recommend it to people on the Now Community who bemoan that you can’t do it there, and that the sports replays are ill-timed and badly signposted.

Its just not a use case that I personally have…

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Ive never found an appropriately timed replace of a game on Now, Discovery Plus app usually has replay there but I feel more comfortable having it recorded to the box.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 16 of 16

@Midnight_Voicewrote:

@naylor2006 

Recording Now Sports is definitely a primary use case for EE TV.

Recording a stream is the only use case for EE TV. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings