cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT TV cancellation

Go to solution

I've recently cancelled BT TV and I have an email to support this but now I'm getting spammed with emails telling me that my flexible journey starts here and also how wonderful BT TV is and welcoming me... Should I be concerned that my BT TV hasn't been cancelled correctly? 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT TV cancellation

Go to solution

That doesn’t sound right to me. Still, as long as you’ve got the email confirmation of the cancellation and also the email which told you that you were entitled to cancel your subscription, you’re covered. I was very surprised that you had the right to cancel owing to the withdrawal of AMC as you were a VIP customer. If BT made a mistake there, that’s their problem.

Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@NigelB72wrote:

I've recently cancelled BT TV

How recently? marketing campaigns are created in advance and sent in batches, if you've only recently in the last few weeks, the chances are you were already selected to be notified of the new TNT Sports promotions and also Discovery+ launches, so it's not uncommon to get them during and just after to a recent cease.

Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@-Richie- I cancelled last week..

@Brucemeister5 I've kept all the emails just in case. The advisor couldn't find a copy of the email on my account and neither could her manager but I sent it to them so they must have over ridden it as my cancellation was approved. I've kept all the emails 👍

Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

So you dont agree with the emails saying bttv is wonderful then ? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@Deano123 I did until I was tempted to the dark side and I'm loving life on the other side. BT have got a lot to learn from the deep integration of apps and the general UI ... Plus the picture quality is better and I get Atmos and 4K HDR on most stuff Inc films and entertainment... 

Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I totally agree 

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

BT have always been light years behind Sky when it comes to the overall tv experience.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

TBH it always amazes me that people expect a cheaper tv service from a broadband provider first & foremost to be exactly like a company who have been doing tv for years & are more expensive, BT tv is never going to be that

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

It's common knowledge that BT is a poor man's Sky but if your on a tight budget and want some premium channels, it's at that end of the market or if you want to get TNT Sport on the cheap compared to Sky 

0 Ratings