cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT box not recording Series as requested

Just spotted that my bt box schedule correctly shows Graham Norton show at Scheduled for Friday and has the double arrow icon against it indicating the Series will record.

However, on ee app, only shows this without double arrow icon?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

@martinandhazel 

Here’s my Schedule in the EETV app - definitely has the double )) and in addition says ‘Series scheduled’.

IMG_1487.jpeg

Does your box successfully record single programmes?

In general, once you start getting recording problems with a box, it will need a complete wipe, and even this may not bring back the functionality, though it often does.

But let’s try a gentler, recordings-preserving, reset first:-

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

Ignore the instructions at the top, and select (tap/click) Recordable TV Box lower down. Follow the instructions to Choose and select Factory reset, keep recordings using the arrow buttons.

The instructions there also cover Factory reset, delete recordings, but don’t do this unless the ‘keep recordings’ step brings no improvement, and you have watched any recordings that you want to before resetting.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 13 of 18

When the same thing happened a few months ago according to another thread, a maintenance mode reset (keeping recordings) did appear to clear the problem.
After the reset the schedule will first repopulated with just single recordings, but be patient as they should change to series record a few minutes later.

Message 14 of 18

Great, thank you. I will give it a try.

yes, does record single programmes and most that are part of s series, just not always.

👍

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Thanks, will try.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

I believe that for the specific example of the upcoming The Graham Norton Show it is not  a user box problem.

The EE TV app does seem to  display scheduled recordings for new and newly requested series recordings in a somewhat confusing way.

So if @Midnight_Voice  you used your EETV app to  (series) record the new series of The Graham Norton Show on BBC 1 HD this Friday night you might well see that the EETV app (after allowing time for the request to go back and forth) that your EE TV app schedule only shows Episode schedule. That is what I noticed when I set the series  recording this evening on the app.

Further if I look at the EPG  guide entry on the TV box or the recording schedule on the TV Box they show that The Graham Norton Show is indeed a series recording from Friday ‘s opening episode.

The  EETV app guide and recording schedule on both Samsung phone and IOS EE TV apps only show it as a single recording.

Taking it a stage further I set a series recording for Countdown  on C4 HD from Monday  ( the subsequent episode in series being on Tuesday). The Monday episode shows as an episode recording in the EE TV app schedules and the Tuesday episode shows as a Series recording. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

@zulu17 

There’s a lot of stuff here to discuss about the presentation of the Scheduled information, but it would swamp the current thread about what seems to be mostly genuine examples of series recordings not being made, rather than just the information not presented well.

I hope you won’t mind if I start a new thread, riffing off your posting above, to discuss this?

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings