cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BTTV App showing wrong TV region

Go to solution

I got a notice on my TV and my BTTV box yesterday to retune both of them so I duly carried that out. It appears to have put the BBC 1 &2 HD at channels 1 &2.

I noticed on the BTTV app that BBC 4 was now at channel 9. Checked on the Box and it showed BBC Scotland still at channel 9 and BBC 4 still at channel 24. App doesn't have anything on channel 24.

Checked the settings in the App and the TV Region showed as London, when it should be East of Scotland.  I was not able to change this. When I unpaired my phone I was able to change the region, but when I re-paired the phone it went back to London. tried clearing the App cache and data but this didn't fix it. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the App, but no change. I left it a day to see if it would synchronise, but so far the region on the App  is still showing as London.

Perhaps one for the techies?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BTTV App showing wrong TV region

Go to solution

If I understand  correctly.

The box uses your IP address to determine your region. When this fails, it defaults to London - this is what you'll be seeing.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I thought the App would pick up the region that the box is set to when they are paired. Whatever, I left the box ( Pro) and the hub switched off overnight. Re-paired and App is still coming up with London channel settings.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
The box uses the aerial signal to determine TV region when connected.
When in IP mode, it uses the address associated with the IP address.

There's currently a fault causing boxes in central Scotland connected via aerial to not recognise what region they're in. This should be fixed tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
0 Ratings