cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Bug I haven't encountered exactly before, viewing experience ruined by it

Recorded Indycars at Detroit from Sky Sports F1 , 5pm-8pm via NowTV on a Sagemcom RTIW317. Started watching on return home at 7.50. Recording showed 2 seconds before cutting out. tried again, same result. Tried again but pressing Skip 15 seconds in the hope of avoiding the glitch. Programme skipped through to live, which was the winner being interviewed. Thanks a bunch. Is this an issue anybody has encountered previously? Is there a workaround? It's a very frustrating experience to have programmes ruined like this, I pay quite a lot for the subscription.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Bug I haven't encountered exactly before, viewing experience ruined by it

This one was never resolved. Frustrating.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

@MartinJSUK 

Have you done similar since and had it work OK, suggesting that this was a one-time glitch?

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

I cant find that model of TV box, is that an older BT TV box or something?

Probably just a device failure to be honest, even the new EETV Pro box catches me out sometimes with skipping to live.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

@naylor2006  

RTIW387, probably what @MartinJSUK meant, is the Pro box.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 6 of 18

Great spot @Midnight_Voice 

In which case @MartinJSUK yes I have experienced this once or twice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

387, correct. Maybe I should just accept that these things are going to happen every now and then, but it's still frustrating. My memory is telling me that the earliest PVR boxes from 20 years ago were more reliable than this, though I may have misremembered. This exact fault hasn't happened again since, though I still have different issues sometimes, engineer visit booked for Thursday.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

The most use that Engineer can do is swap the box and probably recommend you use ethernet if you are using wireless.....

Ive been caught out a couple times by recordings just failing with just "There was an error", yeah but with what? I recorded a couple of the england games and when I loaded up the box and selected the recording it just went straight to live revealing the score, even though the program and therefore recording hadnt finished yet, it should have just started from the beginning.

Still its better than video +

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

It's depressing that the boxes are still so bugged after so long. Maybe the newer ones are better? The modern TV infrastructure feels poorly set up for sports fans, especially those who live in a flat so would have to pay extra for a dish - most streaming-only services have very patchy program ranges, and watching NowTV through BT is a buggy experience.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

FWIW I have one of the newest EETV Boxes, (as of Feb 2024) and I had no extra issues with it then Ive ever had with a Sky Box, or indeed with the Virgin V6 box which is by far the worst I ever had to use.

0 Ratings