cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Cannot get bbc hd

Go to solution

Hi Brian, you're doing a fine job, don't worry. Thank you for confirming the status of lights and the connections.

I've raised a case to review and provide any co-op we might need when the engineer attends next week, though if we can fix things before then, we may be able to avoid that for you, but we won't change anything arranged yet.

Your TV Box is currently set to receive all TV channels using the broadband network, but if you have an aerial connection that you want to use, you can pop that into the back of the TV box and then factory reset it using the remote control (go to Settings, then all the way down and right to the Factory Reset option) that will let you watch BBC, ITV and other Freeview services.

If you have the aerial in the TV and are already watching without using the box there's no need to change anything.

All the best,

David

Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Many thanks David for your efforts. We do not have a functioning TV aerial, but as I think I mentioned, we are running in parallel with the Virgin service just in case there were delays or problems, so hopefully we will be up and running next week if not before. Kind regards, Brian Hughes.  

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Hi David, it is working! I can only assume something has been done, as I simply switched on and there were the Freeview channels. 

I can now see how it is supposed to work. Having been with NTL, then with VM when they took over, about 25 altogether,  we have grown used to how there system works, so it will take a few days to adapt, and modify our TV apps etc. I myself watch very little TV, but I would call my wife a very keen viewer, so she has been rather apprehensive about the move, but she will soon get used to it now it is up and running.

Many thanks to you for your kind help and assistance, it is nice to know there are such helpful people on this forum, I feel sure we will need some more advice over the next few weeks.

I will need to cancel the engineers visit arranged for Tuesday, so I will have a look after posting this as to how that is done.

Kind regards, Brian

Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Hi Brian @Neutral very pleased to hear that!

We requested a check by Openreach on Friday evening which appears to have been done on Saturday morning as service was restored sometime between 0930-1030am, so you should find everything working as expected now. If you do have any questions on the TV channels or the catch up apps feel free to pop a new posting in and we'll help where we can.

I can also speak to someone in our Consumer team to get that engineer appointment cancelled - if you have already done that, no worries.

All the best

David

0 Ratings