cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 92

Re: Discovery+ App

Go to solution

Cheers - did you get the app early?

I forgot to check as it was not listed in the HDR schedule on the Box Pro.

@Brucemeister5wrote:

@ozsat I checked the boxing from Saturday night before I went to bed last night and can confirm that it does look absolutely stunning in HDR on the app on the Pro tv box.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 62 of 92

Go to solution

I have unplugged the BT TV Pro, checked for manual updated and still no luck. Will see if it updates itself today 

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 92

Go to solution
There are 2 possibilities:
1. The rollout wasn't targeted to 100% on day 1. I'd be surprised if this were the case - I'm awaiting an answer.
2. We've had a few cases so far of boxes being included in test groups, causing them to not pick up standard releases.

I'll update as soon as I have an answer.
Message 64 of 92

Go to solution

I would have thought the app would be nearer the front of the app list - rather than almost the last one.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 65 of 92

Go to solution

Could you please send me your pro box serial @Weerab1983 - everyone should have the update, so we need to check why you don't.

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 92

Go to solution

@DarrenDev I am part of a YouView test group so that would explain it.

Hopefully it is rolled out to me soon 

My serial is +097445+2312003676

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 92

Go to solution

Ah OK yes - if you're on a trial then you won't have been targeted.
Trial groups will get it tomorrow evening, so will be there by Thursday morning.

Message 68 of 92

Go to solution

@DarrenDev no problem, thank you for the quick response 

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 92

Go to solution

Just a tip for anyone trying to use the Discovery+ service on an older mobile phone or tablet. I was finding the app was hanging on my oldish Samsung S2 tablet but yesterday tried using the web site version in the Chrome browser and that seems to run just fine. That means I can make use of the tablet's larger screen when away from home, out on the road (parked up) and hooked up to my mobile phone's wi-fi hotspot. 🙂

(assuming your mobile data allowance can take the hit - I am on a 250GB per month deal)
Message 70 of 92

Go to solution

@Weerab1983 I'm also in a trials group so I tend to have to wait for firmware updates longer than most other users. When I checked this morning there had been no update but I just did another check which downloaded 4.1.70/0.8.126 so the Discovery+ app is now on my box. Hopefully yours will be on the way soon!

0 Ratings