cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 32

Re: EETV

@Deano123wrote:

According to cordbusters its official bt customers are migrating over to ee from the 6th of december. Apple tv app in coming months. 

Thats why i asked if ee customers can then get the tv service.

When I received confirmation of the change from BT yesterday @Deano123 , the main points were that the purple light on the Pro Box will go green and the UI will be rebranded and green, both from December 6th. I followed another link which said that for EE broadband customers EE TV will be available 'in the coming months', but I can't find that text now. 

I would take that to be at least 3 months and more likely towards 6 months. It won't be 6th December, that's just a software update.

Message 12 of 32

For those that don't have the emails or are just curious the  About BT TV web page

https://www.bt.com/tv

has this line added

On 6 December, BT TV will be renamed to EE TV. Find out more  here which if you click  takes you to this page

https://www.bt.com/bt-tv

where BT would like to introduce you to EE TV

Message 13 of 32

Seems a bit rediculous not to open it up to ee customers from the switch over really seeing as its called eetv 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 32

I do love the marketing speak on that EETV page. All new interface, which is the same interface with slightly different colours, and the EE logo. Oh and a new green light!

They will be doing an OnDigital / ITV Digital next and sending us stickers to put on the front of the box to 'upgrade' it! 

On a serious note I'm looking forward to see what investment is put in to EETV!

MikeAlanR

Message 15 of 32

@Deano123wrote:

Seems a bit rediculous not to open it up to ee customers from the switch over really seeing as its called eetv 🤣

I think it's fair to say that communication and planning aren't their strong points.

Message 16 of 32

EETV But not if your an EE Customer !! 😜👍🙄🥱

And yes your right still the same  old fashioned youview interface with shiny new colours !

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 32

It does seem to be becoming a bit of a farce, if they say 'well BT and EE's systems are different etc' then wouldn't you sort that out first?

So if BT consumer is moving to EE, and taking BT TV as an example, if you move BT TV customers to EE (software update?), wouldn't it make sense to offer the 'new' EE TV to EE broadband customers at the same time?

The larger the organisation, the more they lose sight of the basic, simple things.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 32

No-one has lost sight of anything. It's a very complex thing involving many different systems from many different companies (not just BT and EE), and everything needs to align (including legal contracts with ALL the content partners) before you can place an order.  There have been many hundreds of people working on this for a very long time to get us to this position.

It'll be launched when it's ready.

Message 19 of 32

Hi yes 

But why not just launch it all when its all ready to go together! Complex it may be but in this day and age i am sure that should be possible. And not call bttv eetv before its even available on its namesake! Does sound a bit crazy hey. It looks rather unproffessional. But anyway as you say its launched when its launched 

Message 20 of 32

No-one has said it's NOT going on Dec 6th - it just hasn't been announced. There's no requirement to announce it - there are just a few early-adopters who are desperate to know ASAP.

Emails have been sent out to give existing customers plenty of notice about the change to how their boxes and apps are going to look - otherwise some will worry about contracts, payments, etc.