cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Factory reset

Go to solution

Looking at posts about BTTV not allowing access to subscription services, like Netflix, etc., one poster said he resolved the problem by doing a factory reset (without losing his recordings) but when I try that option it warns that all recordings WILL be lost. Is there a way to do it without losing recordings?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Factory reset

Go to solution

Hi @ronshep 

you don’t mention which BT TV box you have but this page gives the options available for each of the boxes.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@zulu17 Thanks! I have the 4k UHD box. I followed the instructions in your link and it did the trick! I still have all my recordings and now I can access Netflix, Prime, BBC iPlayer, etc from the remote. You have to be very quick pressing the down arrow, though, as the red light only shows for a fraction of a second - it took me three or four attempts.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

It is worth mentioning, for those who are experiencing the same problem, that, when the instructions tell you to turn the box off then on, they mean remove power from the box and then restore power - using the power button on the top of the box doesn't work. I removed the lead from the rear of the box to achieve this.