cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 37

Re: First details on EE TV starting to emerge

Go to solution

But the big question @DarrenDev is…. Where is Discovery+? Starting to believe it’s not happening 😂

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 37

Go to solution

Interesting news. I think YouTube inclusion has been a request from many users on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 37

Go to solution

What do you mean @mikealanr ? Are you specifically referring to the app being on the BT TV box? If so, I can't comment.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 37

Go to solution
For everyone on this thread - please remember that everything in that article is only speculation. Nothing is confirmed until it's actually confirmed. We've been working on a lot of different things that may or may not ever see the light of day - and if they do, there's no guarantee when.
Message 15 of 37

Go to solution

Appreciate your input as always, we know you are busy guys.

I will wait to see what comes in the weeks or months ahead. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 37

Go to solution

@DarrenDevwrote:
For everyone on this thread - please remember that everything in that article is only speculation. Nothing is confirmed until it's actually confirmed. We've been working on a lot of different things that may or may not ever see the light of day - and if they do, there's no guarantee when.

That is why I included the opening caveat, YouTube was included on the app rail mock ups when I was on the original trials for retail about 5 years ago! 🤣

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 17 of 37

Go to solution

YouTube actually has a position assigned on Youview app order. So if it came to Youview it would be I be placed between the Prime Video and Now apps. This is based upon the 25th May 2022 Youview statement published on their website.

Message 18 of 37

Go to solution

will existing customer be offered a new box or will we still have the bt 4000 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 37

Go to solution

I think any upgrades will only be made to the BT Pro and Mini boxes as per recent answers from @DarrenDev 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 37

Go to solution
No new boxes will be required for existing customers with G4 (DTR-T2100), Z4 (DB-T2200), G5 (DTR-T4000) boxes, or with the TV Box Pro or TV Box mini.
Other (or older) boxes aren't supported anymore anyway.

New features/apps will be offered on hardware that supports it - e.g. some future apps are likely to only be offered on the TV Box Pro or TV Box Mini.

Box upgrades are always available on request, subject to fees/contract extensions based on subscriptions.