cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Freeview Box

Go to solution

BT have recently replaced my elderly Freeview DTRT2100 PVR with the latest TV Box Pro. Whilst I am very happy with the new box, I intended to keep the old box in use as there were a large number of recordings on there which I wished to retain. However, once the new box was registered the old box no longer functions - presumably because BT have remotely disabled it. I'd be grateful for advice as to how the old box can be re-activated. Alternatively is there any way of removing the HD and saving the recordings to the new box?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Freeview Box

Go to solution
The only way the old box should't work is to watch any subscription channel recordings. You should still be able to watch Freeview channels and watch recordings from Freeview channels. Is this not the case?
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

As above, Freeview reception & recordings (as in the title of your thread) should be unaffected. But you can only view subscription content on one "active" box at a time unless you have a multiroom subscription at another £10pm.

So you could either make the old box the active box again until you've watched all the recordings or take the multiroom sub until you have. I think it's a rolling 30 day contract but verify before committing.

There is no way to archive recordings off the box.

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for your advice. Following a chat with Humax Support I have been advised that this box is terminally dead and beyond resuscitation 😞

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Might be worth a peruse of the Hummy forums to see if there's any hope of reviving it.

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, I’ll try that!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@aagomm 

You never explained what you meant about "no longer functions" , what exactly does or doesn't happen?

There is no way that these units can be disabled btw.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
On switching on the power using the on/off switch on the rear panel there is no reaction from the box at all. No lights illuminate, no reaction at all to any input from external buttons or the remote. The RF pass through to the TV doesn’t function either with the TV displaying ‘No Signal’. Box remains cold to the touch and in all respects behaves exactly as it does when switched off. As your advice is that the box cannot be bricked deliberately by an external agency it would seem to me that there has been an internal component failure. I checked the power supply using a voltmeter and that indicated that the voltage was spot on. I’m flummoxed! What else can I try?
0 Ratings