cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

How to change packages without a new 24 month contract?

Hi!

I am out of contract and on a rolling contract with the VIP package.

I am looking elsewhere but in the short term, I cannot find a way to turn anything "on and off", as was this package was sold, without a new 24 month contract.

Original welcome email at the start of my contract:

New BT TV is all yours.

So dive into our new flexible TV service - including the Sky channels from NOW TV. Month by month, you can catch all the award-winning shows with the NOW TV Entertainment Pass, must-see movies with the NOW TV Sky Cinema Pass (£11.99 per month) and live sports in stunning 4K from BT.

Are you ready to take charge of it all?
Life changes. So should your telly
Switch on BT Sport to catch exclusive and unmissable moments as they happen in the Premier League. Or when you've blitzed through the Box Sets everyone's been talking about, switch off the NOW TV Entertainment Pass.

That's the beauty of flexible TV.

There are 5 packages and 11 rolling add-ons you can turn on and off every 30 days. So you can always flex the package you've chosen. When it suits you.

Can anyone can shine a light on how to access these options?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: How to change packages without a new 24 month contract?

Switch to another package without the content you don't want, just be mindful that you can see 2 offers, 1 with a discount and new minimum term, the 2nd without a discount and no renewal.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

TV-> Manage -> Swap Your Package -> *All 5 options are 24 month contracts*

The only other button on the screen is manage add-ons, which is upselling Amazon etc.

How do I simply "turn off" Sky Cinema for example, like it says in the email? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@mcman I'd imagine that you'll need to recontract to flex your package on a month by month basis 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Thanks. So where can I do this? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Hi @mcman

Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the confusion around managing your add-ons.  The process is to log in to your BTID and then choose "your products" and then choose "Your TV and Sport".  From here you'll see the option to swap your package.

You may not be seeing the option to flex as your base package, the VIP package, includes everything.  You may need to regrade to another package in order to add/remove add ons.  To double check this, give my colleagues a shout in the helpdesk on 0330 1234 150 and one of the team will check that out for you.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I changed from Movies to Sport WITHIN my Contract and have been charged 11.99 for it …

One-off charges
EE TV one-off charges 05 Mar £11.99
One-off charges including activation, installation and delivery.

that does not seem very Flexible to me.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Gdotp  £11.99 is a typical delivery charge - were you supplied with a new TV Box or SmartHub. If you did not I recommend you query the charge with BT .

Also did you do the package change yourself by My BT or did you ring BT customer srvices ?

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Gdotp,

As @zulu17 mentions, the £11.99 charge is for delivery.

Did you get a new BT TV box pro or any other piece of equipment recently?

There's no other way for us to add a delivery charge as it's directly linked to a piece of equipment being posted.

Thanks,

DanielS

0 Ratings