cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

IPC6023

Just received a new BT TV Pro box and connected it.

Not being able to watch FreeView channels as system reports an IPC6023 error.

I already had a BT 900/110 fibre connection but I connect via a Ubiquiti UDMPro router rather than the BT Hub.

I have checked the forum and followed the various recommended "fixes", but to no avail.

Best responses for a solution appear to relate to setting at BT end on the ONS.

Is this something a Moderator can assist with?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: IPC6023

Hi @gmccombe, sorry you're getting this error. 
We won't be able to help you with the set up of non BT equipment, so the first step would be eliminate that as the cause.
Connect up the BT Hub, and test your TV to see if you get the same error.
If you do then follow the steps at: What do the BT TV error codes mean? | BT Help but step 1 would be to power cycle the ONT as you're on FTTP.
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi John,

Thank you for the reply.

I need to be able to connect the BT TV box via my current system.

Is it possible to check system settings at the BT end to rule that out first?

Regards,

Gordon

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@gmccombe 

How is it connected?

If it's wifi then the reason is probably that your router doesn't support multicast over wifi , whereas the SmartHub 2 does.

Via ethernet it should be OK , on the assumption that your router is setup to support multicast & IGMP.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I have the Fibre ONS connected to a Unifi Dream Machine Pro which is a 1Gb router switch.

This currently connects by Cat6 to the BT TV box.

I have tried Wifi as well via a Wifi6 Access Device which is linked by Cat6 to the UDM Pro and located adjacent to the BT TV.

Neither connection works.

I get full 1Gb connection via other devices connected in the same manner.

I also have no problems accessing NOW TV and other Apps on the BT TV box.

When selecting BBC One for instance, if I select watch from start I can see the program via iPlayer catchup, while live view throws up the IPC6023 error.

I have enabled Multicast & IGMP Snooping on the network I have set up on the system.

I even tried the fix posted by a user called @scaramonga on 18 April 22, but to no avail.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Gordon

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@gmccombe 

I think you need to reconnect the SmartHub 2 as previously suggested by @JohnC2 to rule out any issues with your connection to the BT servers ie BT TV not enabled correctly.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

If you want BT to rule out issues the first step would be to connect the smart hub 2 for testing

0 Ratings