cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

If my service is not as expected

Hi.

Just moved house.  Got a year left on my EE TV contract.  Where I have moved I have very poor TV signal. Tried everything. It has a TV aerial socket but when connected I get about 6 channels. It's a rental property so can't change it. Tried about 6 different indoor arrivals all to no success. So I've had to go IP mode. It really is terrible because you lose so many channels.

Is there anyway of getting out of my contract due to service missing so many channels? 

Just not impressed with BT /Ee TV.  

Thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: If my service is not as expected

@LondonCelt I'm sorry to see you're experiencing proiblems with your aerial provided freeview channels. BT are not responsible for the freeview channels that are provided via your aerial so you can't get out of your contract for this reason. Aas an EE TV customer you can get TSG to insall a new areial for £30. Maybe your landlord would agree to cover the cost?

Order an aerial

Aerial appointments are available to EE TV customers for £30 (including 20% VAT). An engineer will come out and ensure that an aerial is up and working. That might mean fixing an existing one, or fitting a new one.

To place an order, call our TV technical help team on 0330 123 4150.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

For context, is it that the location of your new home isn't suitable for a fuller DTT reception, even if the aerial install was of reasonable standard?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

Thank you.  I will look into this.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

@LondonCelt 

If you put your postcode into the Freeview Channel Checker, it will tell you what channels you can expect to be able to receive at your address.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/freeview-channel-checker

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 27

@LondonCelt 

If you plug the aerial feed directly into the TV so not going via the Youview box what is your TV reception like and what does the TV show as it's quality & strength of signal?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 27

It's exactly the same unfortunately.

Going to look into getting the aerial through BT. But don't think landlord will agree.

Does anyone have any tips on the best indoor aerial to buy. Tried many but they are mainly around the £20 mark.  Maybe if I pay abit more it might help?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

@LondonCelt 

"Does anyone have any tips on the best indoor aerial to buy."

I understand the issue that you may have getting permission to have an external aerial installed, but unfortunately, an indoor aerial is rarely as good as a properly installed external one - however much money you spend on an indoor one.

Whereabouts in the country are you? If you can provide the postcode of a nearby pub or shop, (not your own), then there are online predictors that will give an indication if an indoor aerial is likely to work at all.

As an example, I live in Milton Keynes. We are about 25 miles from Sandy Heath, which is our local main transmitter. Before I installed our TV aerial outside, I tried the same aerial in the loft: it didn't work, lots of picture breakup - but outside, at about the same height, it works perfectly.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

I'm in Essex. So really shouldn't have much trouble getting channels but for whatever reason I do.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 27

@LondonCelt 

Essex is a large county.

If you aren't willing/able to provide a local postcode, do you know which transmitter covers your area? It could be Crystal Palace, Sudbury, Bluebell Hill or Rouncefall - or possibly even another one. How far are you from that transmitter?

0 Ratings