cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Multiroom

Hi,  I have been with SKY having 3 multi-room boxes in each room. Now signed up to BT and have purchased an extra mini box but how many TV's in separate rooms can be watched at the same time ?  Or do i have to have a mini box in each bedroom to be able to watch 2 TV's together? Appreciate any help. Thank you Paul  

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Multiroom

Hi @5599 welcome to the community, with BT TV you can have a maximum of two boxes with the extra box subscription.  However you can access the Now TV app to watch in another room at the same time if you have a Smart TV or compatible device to stream it from.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

The Discovery+ app is also relevant for multi room viewing with BT TV subscriptions now.

Message 4 of 9

Hi Neil ,  thank you for your reply,  so, does that mean i have the main pro box connected to the router and i can have another 2 boxes in bedrooms? Also can i record from the other boxes or can this only be done through the main pro box?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi, can you watch SKY Sports channels and TNT Sports channels on discovery+?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

For multiroom viewing Sky Sports would be on the NOW app and TNT Sports on Discovery+ app.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi , thank you. I take it the apps are free  to use?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Yes, but they do each have their own restrictions on how many streams can be being viewed simultaneously and/or the number of devices that can be registered per account. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@5599 no I'm afraid you can only have 2 boxes in total, one main and one mini. You can't record on the mini box but most of the catch up apps are available on it though. 

Discovery+ and Now apps come as part of your BT TV package, you should have emails explaining how you can set up your access for these.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings