cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 121 of 378

Re: New features

The new mini box looks diddy, should tuck behind a TV nicely for those that want one.

I also note standard multiroom pricing is now £10 per month rather than £5 and you can only ever have 2 boxes (e.g. the pro box and one mini box), to preserve service quality, with a minimum broadband speed of 40Mbps before you can order an extra box.

Makes sense for those on FTTC  but a bit annoying for those lucky enough to have FTTH. Also as you are unable to view or make recordings on it, wouldn’t you be better off using a Fire stick or similar as a multiroom device and accessing the apps that way, otherwise you are basically paying £10 a month for multicast Freeview?

Nice as it is I’m not sure that is worth £120 a year to many?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 122 of 378

Yes the extra box is £10 pm but there's no minimum 12 month contract on it

Message 123 of 378

Possibly attractive in a Freeview Lite area, but if in a full service area, yes, better options are out there.
Message 124 of 378

It is pretty pointless i have another bt pro working fine up stairs  for 5 poinds a month 

Message 125 of 378

I'm thinking the same thing and was very excited to hear the new box was available but its very disappointing that you cannot use it to view recordings from the main box so will probably go the route of plugging my spare Amazon Firestick into the bedroom TV instead.

Message 126 of 378

I was hoping these channels would be available on the BT TV app so we could stream then on other streaming devices to other TVs

Message 127 of 378

Dave and W are the 2 serious missing ones. Hope they come in Hd soon along with all the channel 4 channels  . Yesterday would be nice too oh and freesports 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 128 of 378

So are the new channels listed here https://www.bt.com/help/tv/guide/ip-freeview-guide only available in internet mode? Or can I get those extra channels also in aerial mode with broadband? There is CNN HD in the list which isn't available in Freeview. 

EDIT: For some reason that list doesn't seem to be up to date.

EDIT EDIT: That page shows wrong list of channels when showed in mobile view. Resize browser window on desktop and you can see that it shows completely wrong channels. Might be worth fixing.

0 Ratings
Message 129 of 378

@jay_ldn  See my earlier post. You'll need to view the page on a laptop/PC as it doesn't show the right info on a mobile.

Message 130 of 378

@Deano123I don't think Freesports is going to be around much longer Viaplay have bought Premier Sports and since the closure of COM7 there's talk that it will be axed. I assume we'll know more once Viaplay confirm their launch plans (both in terms of their sports and entertainment offerings). 

Getting Viaplay would be a good thing from BT as Premier Sports/La Liga TV has never made it on to the platform.  I don't like Premier Player much although it has been the cheaper way of getting it over subscribing via Prime Video channels.