cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 30

Not Happy

Pro Box updated to tonight, took ages. The dam thing reset itself. All my recordings have been lost. 

Thanks BT, all this just for the Discovery App.

0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

Re: Not Happy

This shouldn't ever happen @nickmorc - someone will be in touch to investigate further.

Message 3 of 30

Hi @nickmorc really sorry to hear that, as @DarrenDev mentions that scenario shouldn't happen. 

Something has clearly gone wrong if the update took a long time and caused a loss of recordings - that sounds like a factory reset / recovery action happened as a result of some fairly low level failure on the hard drive or fundamental loss of configuration leading to a set up journey to restart.

I'll drop you a PM to get some more information and open a ticket so we can investigate further.

David

Message 4 of 30

@DarrenDev @David_H Many Thanks PM sent.

Message 5 of 30

@David_H Many thanks for your very quick reply.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 30

Hi @nickmorc and thanks for posting.

I'm sure the community would be interested to know the outcome of this so please keep us updated. Thanks to @DarrenDev and @David_H for helping out.

Cheers

David

Message 7 of 30

@DavidM @David_H @DarrenDev No worries, will update once I here some more.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 30

@David_H @DavidM 

Wasn't able to send this message to you, as you limit the PMs.

Reply from Youview Research, clearly laying the blame with the BT Box as faulty

Hi Nick,

According to what we currently understand, the issue isn’t related to the software trial / testing.

What you are describing has happened to a small number of boxes. In rare situations, the device is booting to the set-up journey. It might be related to a hardware fault on the device - e.g. the HDD is detected as corrupted or unable to be used on boot and the disk is re-formatted to get back to a known/working state (this is one possible cause).

Unfortunately, we think the recordings are permanently lost. They would be stored on the device and since you have reported the need to sign into other apps, it sounds like the disk was formatted/cleared.

Sorry that we don’t have better news for you.

The MyView Team

Would like to know your comments on this.

Many Thanks 

Nick

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 30

Morning all

@DavidM H, still waiting on an update from BT.

Nick

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 30

0 Ratings